Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2004, 08:01 PM

Default 10,000 Views!

That thread where I am a little nasty to Lee Jones. More than 10,000 people have now read it. So its hard not to believe that a little nastiness is the best way to get people to sit up and take notice; and is worth doing if the cause is as important as getting people to study math more (by pointing out that Lee's original book was flawed because of his probable lack of math studiousness.)

As I said, I will stop at almost nothing to get my point across. And that point is now read by more viewers than any other thread on this forum. Uh, I just double checked that. Not quite true yet. Which brings me to my other point. How many of you were aware that Marilyn Monroe sought out and had sex with Albert Einstein? And that it was not because of the way he dressed or or played the violin. Also how many of you were aware that there is a correlation between math and testosterone levels. Or that social evolutionary theory postualtes that most young women get PHYSICALLY aroused in the presence of intelligent men. I'm not talking money hungry here. It is rather a physical manifestation due to the awareness that the fellow in question will be a good provider for children. Those women who did not have this physical reaction were likely to have died off as their dumb mates couldn't protect their offspring. Thus the majority of those left, inherited an almost insatiable desire to make love to men who demonstrated knowledge in fields like logic or probability.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:05 PM

Default Re: 10,000 Views!

[ QUOTE ]
Thus the majority of those left, inherited an almost insatiable desire to make love to men who demonstrated knowledge in fields like logic or probability.

[/ QUOTE ]

what on earth???
Old 07-19-2004, 08:20 PM

Heh, that is by far the post of the month. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

TRWIII
Old 07-19-2004, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thus the majority of those left, inherited an almost insatiable desire to make love to men who demonstrated knowledge in fields like logic or probability.

[/ QUOTE ]

This explains why the brains get all the dates while the jocks sit at the library playing Dungeons and Dragons.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:29 PM

Default this will surpass 100,000

" most young women get PHYSICALLY aroused "

David Sklansky
Old 07-19-2004, 08:36 PM

rotfl

By the way:
[ QUOTE ]
Or that social evolutionary theory postualtes that most young women get PHYSICALLY aroused in the presence of intelligent men. I'm not talking money hungry here. It is rather a physical manifestation due to the awareness that the fellow in question will be a good provider for children.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they more likely chose their mates based on the quailties they want in their children, not so much the qualities they wanted in their mates. But in practice the woman frequently had very little choice in the matter, due to arranged marriages, religion and race expectations, rape and incest, never wandering far from one's birthplace, many men being killed off in war, etc.

For the record, if you were a woman David, I would be hot for you, even if you were not so smart. Then again, you're damn cute as a man too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2004, 08:36 PM

"More than 10,000 people have now read it"

Not true. For example, if I clicked on the thread ten times to keep up with the new posts, it counts as 10 separate views. The number of people who have read that thread is likely fewer than 1,000.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This explains why the brains get all the dates while the jocks sit at the library playing Dungeons and Dragons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes in school. But what happens a few years later?
Old 07-19-2004, 08:43 PM

That's a good point. I've personally viewed the Shana Hiatt thread a good 50 times or so, to try and ascertain the photo's authenticity of course.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:47 PM

Yes in school. But what happens a few years later?

By then they are playing Halo.