Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 07:06 AM

Default AKo button

6 handed 75/150

folded to me on button, i raise AsKh, loose and aggressive CO 3bets (range is huge since my button range is huge), TAG (22/15 or so 6 handed) caps in the BB. 3 to the flop for 12SB.
I think SB will lead any pair here or draw here, and BB will probably raise 88+ or any K or a good draw. SB will probably 3bet a good draw here, and would probably fold a weak pair if i 3bet.

flop Ks7s4c

SB bets, BB raises, I coldcall...

Anyone like? Other options? What's my plan in the different scenarios?
Old 11-08-2005, 07:30 AM

Default Re: AKo button

Fold.

Just kidding. Hmm, the cold call looks awful suspicious, but there's a good chance the sb is folding if we raise. I think I like the cold call. Interesting to see what else happens.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:32 AM

Damn you are advancing. I remember you posting $3/$6 hands like yesterday.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:38 AM

I don't see how you're going to get any more money out of an underpair to your Kings, although depending on how shitty your image is you're pretty much announcing you've got a K or the spade draw. If you 3-bet the BB has to drop his pocket pair, but I don't think that matters one way or the other. I think our concern is the SB, and I'd want to wait until the turn here.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:05 AM

3-betting is good option. Pot is large and you have good hand. You should not slowplay, but protect your hand. 3-betting will probably force SB out of the pot if he has only medium pair.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:56 AM

Looks very good. I'm pretty sure raising any of BB's bets from here on (3-way with BB having initiative) isn't a good idea...barring some backdoor spades or an A or K on the turn.

The times we're behind to BB's AA or KK, we go for less. The times we're tied with the BB, we are able to extract from the SB, and the times we're ahead, we still get bets in on every street without folding the SB's losing hands out. Also, we'll obviously be betting if checked to us. (Sort of like a WA/WB situation)

One thing I disagree with...

[ QUOTE ]
I think SB will lead any pair here or draw here, and BB will probably raise 88+ or any K or a good draw

[/ QUOTE ]
Based on BB's stats, there should be no way for him to have any king unless he's chopping with you.

There's an outside chance that SB has a set, but other than that, I can't see him being ahead of you. Also, I can't see raising at all this hand unless SB folds and you find yourself HU with the BB. Even at that, raising the river would probably be the best play.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:37 AM

I would 3-bet for a few reasons.

A.) By calling you are giving SB adequate odds to call and spike a set with 88-QQ. The pot is big enough that you actually want him to fold these hands (however if he'd like to call 2 bets with them that's fine too).

B.) By the same token if SB has KQ or AK or perhaps a flush draw or will overplay a lesser hand you want to give him a chance to cap it up to force BB to drop 88-QQ.

C.) Having the As helps your equity a lot. You are free-rolling against another AK and have a couple extra effective outs against better hands, plus a redraw against a turned flush. Your equity is likely to get worse on the turn, not improve.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:41 AM

I don't think letting either player draw to a set for 1SB here is much of a problem at all. If we lose the pot due to him spiking, it'll probably be the 8.5 BBs on the flop plus a further 3-4 BB. 22:1 is what he needs, but we aren't winning this whole pot the whole time anyway.

If we coldcall the flop, and the SB calls, we can coldcall again on the turn to try and keep him in.

Oh, and
[ QUOTE ]
Your equity is likely to get worse on the turn, not improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

But when it improves, it's by a greater magnitude! It all comes out in the wash [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 12:06 PM

Might 3-betting actually suggest that you do not have a K? In other words, wouldn't an opponent assume that, if you had QQ or worse, you'd take a wa/wb line?
Old 11-08-2005, 01:04 PM

I like three-betting for all the reasons Dane stated.