FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: best cell phone service
ATT / Cingular 16 21.05%
Sprint 14 18.42%
Verizon 46 60.53%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Re: How Many OOTers have been Arrested

manufacturing, possessing, and intent to deliver warrant served on my 20th birthday.

charged with less
plead to less, but still enough
Ever seen that show Prison Break--I fondly remember some of those places
Old 10-26-2005, 08:49 AM

Advice for being left alone in the drunk tank: lay on the floor, mutter to yourself, twitch and scratch constantly.

I have seen this work quite successfully. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Never been arrested

[/ QUOTE ]

Golden Child...
Old 10-26-2005, 12:20 PM

3 times
1. Minor in Possession at 18, get busted trying to drive out to a party spot in the woods by the cops waiting for us. The neighbors saw some of my friends going out earlier to gather up wood and stuff during the day and alerted the cops so they were just sitting there waiting for us.

2. Open container/minor in possesion. Later that year I was up at college at our big Spring Fling weekend (which has since been barred due to high arrest levels) and I was walking down the street drinking openly, oops.

3. DUI at 19. I finally smartened up after this one. No more drunk driving and a little bit more careful about breaking the law.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:22 PM

18. 3 of them, 1 of me. They wouldn't have if it wasnt for the metre long metal fishing poles they repeatedly smacked me round the head with.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first time I was arrested, I was 9. Three of my friends and I were walking along railroad tracks behind my house. We came along a highway that had an apple tree next to it. We all grabbed apples and started throwing them at the cars driving under. We did this for 2 hours before the cops finally showed up. All of us ran and were caught. I was charged with evading the police as well as assualt with a weapon, ect. The thing that always pissed me off and it still does to this day, the cops said we were throwing rocks at the cars. It was APPPLES dammit! The 2nd time I was about 11. I stole a nerf ball out of a convience store to give to a chick I liked. I stuffed it down my pants and tried to walk out the store but it didn't work. After that, my older brother told me to grow up and I never got in trouble again. Well, caught by the cops anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I would stand by the highway and throw rocks at cars when I was 6. Man did I get it when my parents found out.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:49 PM

im one of the 4+ degenerates
nothing major, im a pretty harmless guy, just bad luck with the man.
back during giuliani's(sp?) good health law bs i got picked up for hopping a turnstyle in the subway. i was sloppy drunk, coming from a party and mistook a coin for a token. i kept putting it in and it kept (well, like 2 or 3 times)rejecting it so i was like [censored] this and hopped over and start walking to the platform, and they grabbed me up.
they complimented me, said i jumped over it like a gazzelle, said i had the best form they'd seen all night. i was like whatever, gimme my ticket and the cops say no ticket, youre getting arrested. turns out they were doing a sting and picked up 6 of us in a half hour. they made us stand on the platform in handcuffs as an example for the other passengers what happens when you dont pay.
people were pointing and laughing at us.
pretty embarrassing.
i was asking the one cop who was reasonable if he didnt think this was a waste of his time, what with there being actual criminals out for him to catch. he said it was but this is what they told him to do tonight so there he was. said the theory on it is people who commint big crimes commit small crimes too and often when they did these stings they'd get guys with warrents out.
of the six of us they arrested zero of us had warrants.
there was this guy and his girlfriend who had put in the token and went through together, they were tryna argue that they should only get in half as much trouble..no dice.
so anyway they pile us into a paddy (patty?) wagon brings downtown- actually crosstown- throuw us in a holding cell and keep us there for hours while they're proccessing and release me with a court date.

heres the kicker, i go to court and when they call my name to go before the judge i go up and they have this little plastic chain link fence thing and i was having trouble with the latch and didnt want to stand there fumbling with it looking like a tool, so i just stepped over it. it was only like knee high, cake. when i get over it the judge gives me this look like, are you [censored] kidding me?!? he yells at me "isnt that what your here for?"

he made me open it, go out, close it, open it, come back, and close it.
they all laughed at me.
pretty embarassing.

epilogue: 8 hrs. sweeping up the subway.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:58 PM

Nice story. Makes my singular shoplifting arrest when I was 18 pretty lame by comparison.

Oh, and it's "Patty Wagon." Irish get together and get drunk and fight and get arrested. Of course, there are so many they could not use a car, they needed a wagon. Hence, Patty Wagon. Not very PC though (like I care).
Old 10-27-2005, 03:18 AM

I've never been arrested but I"ve been in several situations where I should of. I guess being white and appearing generally harmless has its advantages.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice story. Makes my singular shoplifting arrest when I was 18 pretty lame by comparison.

Oh, and it's "Patty Wagon." Irish get together and get drunk and fight and get arrested. Of course, there are so many they could not use a car, they needed a wagon. Hence, Patty Wagon. Not very PC though (like I care).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, thanks for playing. It is 'Paddy Wagon'. For the Irish origin you mention, so I'm a little surprised you got it wrong.