Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Overcards vs LAG and TAG

SB in this hand is pretty laggy, 49/26/1.5 over about 350 hands. He will peel with very weak holdings, e.g. I've seen him call two cold on the flop with one overcard and a backdoor-straightdraw, and he will call down with marginal made hands such as Q5 on a J52 flop. The only thing that saves him from being completely awful is that he can get aggressive with good hands, and he seems to enjoy checkraising.

Button is a TAG, 20/15/3.6 over about 250 hands. He's generally shown down good hands against me, but one hand he raised my donkbet from the blind on a QJx flop with pocket 7s. Other than that he's been aggressive but not out of line.

What's my line here? I don't why I didn't 3-bet pre-flop.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 12-14-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Overcards vs LAG and TAG

yeah 3-bet preflop would probably knock UTG out. if so he might check on the flop, where you can bet and fold to a 3-bet.

as of now i thnk you are behind to a pp most likely
Old 12-14-2005, 02:40 AM

your PF mistake you know already.

Do you figure AQ hi to be good here 11% of the time? I think the river call is thin as a knife. If SB called i'd muck, but since they didn't...i guess its close.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:22 AM

I dont think not 3 betting PF is horrible, I dont ALWAYS do it here

I would rather c/r this flop than call flop and call turn. If I just call the flop, im folding the turn unimproved

You can prolly fold this river, most TAGs wont fire the 3rd barrell into 2 opponents whove called down the whole way