Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Shameless Job Post

Skittles - I work in the field you desire. I will PM you my e-mail address. You will then send me your resume and I'll forward to the approriate person in my firm.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Shameless Job Post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was told by career services I needed to have degree in hand to apply to most places

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta agree with Evan on this one, that is just plain awful advice and I would expect a lot better from the Yale career services office. Im currently a senior and all the interviewing on my campus is just wrapping up for next fall positions, so youre kinda out of luck for the fall recruiting process but there may be some more immediate position available out there, theyre just harder to find. Go to career services and yell at them for a while and make them find something for you...some companies do winter and spring recruiting too so look for that, not sure about I banking but maybe some of the smaller ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, as I mentioned before the career services have been less than helpful. They would not permit me to do the on-campus interview program at Yale since I had received my degree (albeit a few weeks before the interviews were to take place). That left me stuck in no man's land in terms of the whole interviewing process. I have been using search engines including those on the banks' websites to display positions available for a sooner start date, but no luck yet. I was just curious if anyone else had gone this route, or perhaps changed jobs into this field in this manner.