Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu Has Never Had a Royal Flush?

Ive had 2-3 of them online and one in a live game. I had QK of spades and my oppoent has A A, it was all in pre flop and i made it on the river. I have only been playing about a year and a half.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:31 AM

I had one in a micro limit game. Net was around +3$... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2005, 03:49 AM

poor daniel. what shall he do? i know! swim around in the pool of cash he has won playing poker!
Old 10-12-2005, 05:21 AM

I had one, unfortunately I was playing the Stars Stud/8 .04/.08 game drunk off my ass. I think I made about $.50 off of it. because i had to split with an 8-low.

lol
Old 10-12-2005, 05:56 AM

scfuji where can i find a bigger version of that ass holy crap

ive had 3 royals, all online - first was 1/2 limit actually triggered the bad beat bonus - other guy had a set of aces on the flop, turned quads, the ace of spades made my royal.

the second royal was in a small stakes sng, had atd and actually flopped a royal. no action though.

last one was real recently, .15/.25 6 handed NLHE. this one was good. i had qth and raised on the button 8x representing a big hand. sb reraised me to $5 from $2, guy on my right calls, and i had implied odds galore between the 2 of them and my pretty healthy stack for the stakes (was around $30) i flop the nut straight. the board is As Kh Jh. yeah thats right. im open ended str flush and i have the nuts ATm
sb reraiser bets out. because i dont know the rules of the site im on regarding the royal flush bonus (do u have to play to a showdow) i take the chance of getting outdrawn so i can hit that $150 royal bonus instead of scaring dudes off. so all 3 of us see the turn.
ace of hearts i have the royal. check check check. now, the river - a total blank. the aggressor in the sb goes all in. 2nd/3 calls. of course i call. sb (preflop reraiser) had kk and turned a boat. other guy had trip aces with an 8 offsuit kicker. mr kings full of aces went on tilt for literally hours. he was following me around to all my tables, telling me how terrible i am. of course i tried to explain to him that i had the nuts from the flop on and he didnt even have the nut boat, but u know how that goes.... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2005, 01:48 PM

He probably played so many hands that he forgot.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:58 PM

Royals are no big deal. I saw 2 in 2 days last week at the Oaks Club. Serious about the second part, at least...
Old 10-12-2005, 02:03 PM

A few years ago, there was a 7Stud game at Hollywood Park in which 2 players each had a Royal.

It was a story in Card Player, with the angle the HPC was so nice becuase they let the players split the bad beat jackpot, even though neither one was beat.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:11 PM

I guess I make up for a couple of you. I've had 4 Texas royals since I started playing a year ago. 3 of them using both hole cards (including my last one on Friday). And I don't play nearly as many hands/wk as most people here.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:06 PM

I rivered 2 royal flushes within 20 minutes of eachother playing 3/6 6max on eurobet a few weeks ago, both w/ AQs. It was sick. First one i flopped only a Js and hit runner runner and the second I flopped KTs and rivered the J. And yeah, neither were those weak 4 cards to it on the board kind.