Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-05-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Absolute Bonus Is Sloooow To Clear At 2/4--Players Seem Stronger Too

Four tabling Absolute at 2/4 and the bonus is clearing at the ridiculously slow rate of about $12-15 per hour for all four tables.

The players seem a lot stronger than Party, Stars, UB, and even Empire, in that they aggressively play back at you. I can't count how many times I was reraised after I put in a flop check raise. (But that could be because of my chip spewing last night [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]). Could also be that I don't have pokertracker set up with other players stats yet, so I'm playing blind [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

Do those of you who play on the various sites find Absolute players to be much more aggressive?

Also, what is the best way to get Absolute hand histories into pokertracker?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Absolute Bonus Is Sloooow To Clear At 2/4--Players Seem Stronger T

Yes much tougher players - at least at 1/2. I am convinced that a 2 bb/100 player on Party/Paradise is break even at Absolute. At least this has been my own personal experience at various sites.

Hand histories are stored on the hard drive now - Program files/Absolute........I would just have PokerTracker autoimport from that directory every so often.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am convinced that a 2 bb/100 player on Party/Paradise is break even at Absolute. At least this has been my own personal experience at various sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this far off. But, I'd add that I think it's also because Absolute rakes more than Party (starting at $5 pots instead of starting at $20 pots).

I've stopped playing there altogether, PT compatability ruined this site. That said, I'm sure there are occasiobnally still the good games there.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Absolute Bonus Is Sloooow To Clear At 2/4--Players Seem Stronger Too

While it is easy to beat games that are loose passive it is harder to beat games that are tight passive, and even harder to beat games that are tight aggressive. Absolute is tight aggressive. Playing 6-Max it is common to see people who are 24/17/3.2.

I remember seeing it written by a respected author (it was David, Mason or Ed, don't recall), and someone asked how you beat a tight aggressive game where people play well, the response was YOU DON'T you find another table (or in this case site), and if you can't find another table you do something other than play poker.

One thing about absolute is the bad players there don't seem to be loose passive (fish), but rather loose aggressive (maniacs) and that is MUCH MUCH more dangerous.

Margon <--- played 50k hands at Absolute before bonus change, 0 since.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Absolute Bonus Is Sloooow To Clear At 2/4--Players Seem Stronger Too

I regularly multitabled the 3-6 there earlier in the year. Those games have gotten ridiculously tight/aggressive over the past 2 months or so for me. I'm marginally profitable, and even with bonus it's hardly worth the time anymore. Lots of blind steals, 2-3 handed pots, average pot around $15-$20 or so.

Working on clearing the last $30 of my Absolute bonus and dont plan on returning for a while.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:19 PM

my winrate is higher at absolute than partypoker (my partypoker winrate is also high enough that people on this forum would consider me a shark/good player). without bonuses. almost everyone at absolute is way too weak.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:52 PM

Threeone -- How are they weak? Weak-passive or weak-aggressive (ie chip spewers)?

Do you find that the player style is different on Absolute? If so, do you find it necessary to make adjustments to the player style?

Because I have to agree with the other replies in that Absolute's players seem much more aggressive.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Threeone -- How are they weak? Weak-passive or weak-aggressive (ie chip spewers)?

Do you find that the player style is different on Absolute? If so, do you find it necessary to make adjustments to the player style?

Because I have to agree with the other replies in that Absolute's players seem much more aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

weak aggressive seems like an oxymoron...

anyway i always feel like i am running over the game. people are too tight i nthe blinds. i steal like crazy.

hands constantly go like this:

folds mp2 raises folds CO 3bet folds mp2 calls

flop: 9 high

mp2 check folds.

i don't know how people can check fold sooo many hands when the pot is big (and that pot is big for a heads up hand)

all i know is that my raising range is often the widest at the table, as well as my threebetting range (not counting perhaps the 1-2 super donk(s) at the table). on most streets. preflop especially.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:11 PM

2/4 is very very tough at absolute. All the games are. I suggest you all never play there.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:19 PM

This weak tighty was just barely better than break even. And that was before the bonus rake change. I gotta go see if my withdrawal has hit neteller yet. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]