Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-23-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: A public Service announcement for Americans.

Old 12-23-2005, 08:44 PM

WTF? He asked what people on the East Coast have against people from NJ. Just because I wasn't in NYC, I spent a lot of time there, knew lots of people from NJ, lived in New York state, and lived on the east coast for quite awhile. I think I'm more than qualified to answer a question about what people have against people from NJ in general.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:44 PM

I can't make heads or tails out of almost any of this, but I've been entertained.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:09 PM

Wait, those aren't pajamas? People actually voluntarily wear that in public?
Old 12-23-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is worn exclusively by chavs, pikeys, mingers and tarts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain your foreign terminology...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to know where to start. I'll see if I can help.

A minger is basically the same as a munter or a swamp donkey. A proper ten-pinter, if you get my drift.

A chav is usually a minger, but they'd prefer to shag Wayne Rooney, so don't worry about it. In the north of england they're called charvers. Imagine an english version of a ned, like they have in Scotland and you're prety much there.

A pikey is just a no-mark. You know, like you get on Council estates. It's also related to being a gypsy, but the not the ones in caravans, the ones that burn mattresses.

Tarts all have a heart of gold. If they don't then they're just slags. Men can be slags too though, but only in the accussative For example "Don't screw me arround, You Slag!"

I hope that cleared it up for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed, but I'm really curious. WTF.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:31 PM

It's very simple really - the OP did a decent job. A minger/ munter is hanging, rough, wouldn't touch her with yours mate. Often fat, not necessarily so. Will definately sleep with you, provided the ten pints necessary to do so have not caused brewers droop and saved you from yourself.
Chavs are common and [censored] and often have babies that they push around supermarkets while smoking. They like Burberry, spangly things, Malibu (the drink, not the beach), football, tracksuits, zooped up but still crappy cars and the people that drive them (other chavs). They go on holiday to Greece and get their breasts out in bars. They wear pink tops on Saturday nights that ride up over the course of the evening as they drink more Malibu and reveal a slightly overhanging stomachs. Most of them do in fact ming, but may or may not shag you. They tend to stick to their own species. They also like having loud arguments with their chav boyfriends in shopping malls.
Pikeys nick stuff, like Scousers.
Tarts are like nice versions of slags. Usually older. Not necessarily pejorative to call someone a 'dozy tart'. Can be a term of endearment in some circles. Unlike 'slag'. Calling someone a slag is not good, especially if they are one. Depending on how much of a chav they are, they might kick you or throw Malibu at you. Both slags and tarts have probably made a few trips to the GUM clinic, but tarts have a sense of humour about it. Slags are just, well, slags.
Easy.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tracksuits

[/ QUOTE ]
On a sidenote, a while back in HUSH one of our Pommie/Aussie friends used "trackies" as a pejorative, saying that another member was shuffling about the house in his "trackies." Us Yanks got together, puzzled it out, and decided that obviously "trackies" meant underwear with skidmarks.

So has it been ever since.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not from NYC although I did live with someone from Jersey for awhile.

Most of the stereotypes of people from jersey are generally true. I don't know, I guess most people would say that it's like rednecks of New England?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of curious about what, exactly, the stereotypes of people from New Jersey are. I've lived in New Jersey my entire life and just about everyone I've ever known was well-educated, upper-middle class, and I don't get how that could be a negative stereotype.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:50 PM

So OP, are you saying Burberry is cheap-priced or that it is unfashionable?
Old 12-23-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not from NYC although I did live with someone from Jersey for awhile.

Most of the stereotypes of people from jersey are generally true. I don't know, I guess most people would say that it's like rednecks of New England?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of curious about what, exactly, the stereotypes of people from New Jersey are. I've lived in New Jersey my entire life and just about everyone I've ever known was well-educated, upper-middle class, and I don't get how that could be a negative stereotype.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong, but aren't different areas of Jersey drastically different? I think the stereotype of Jersey goombahs is more northern, yes? Anyway, the stereotype involves flashy clothes, gold chains, and too much cologne. But I know plenty of people from places like Cherry Hill, etc, that aren't like that at all.

It's like the difference between people from the western suburbs of Boston and places like Revere.