Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-28-2005, 04:42 PM

Default A problem from HoH I

I'm having a problem with hand 2-3 in HoH I. I think I have pretty good reasons for a pf raise with AJs in the CO here:

Blinds are 50/100. I have $3470, the button has 1670 and is super-tight, the SB 2900 and the BB 330. The blinds have been playing solidly. It's folded to the player to the right, who is loose and aggressive. I've seen him show less-than marginal hands, but he has drawn well. He has $3460, and he raises to 300.

Now I say that since the pf raiser is loose and aggressive, I think he can have as little as 87o or perhaps even less. And since the players behind me are tight, I am usually HU after a reraise here, which would be nice. And the button is especially tight, so more than 95% of the time it will buy me the button. The only reason for at flat call is that it is less volatile. Sometimes I'm against a real hand, and those times a big pot will cost me a lot of chips only a few hours into the tournament. But for the reasons above, I think the extra EV of a reraise to something like 800 is well worth the risk.

Harrinton sais that in limit or with smaller stacks, it would be a reraise, but here it's a flat call. What are your comments?
Old 12-28-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: A problem from HoH I

he's trying to keep the pot small when his stack is somewhat deep. He doesn't want to play for a big pot with AJ.