Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Worst Push of all time!

you need to bet that turn

how it played ... i'd smooth call the river and pray to Jabu one of the later fishsticks raised it up
Old 06-15-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unlikely that someone's calling a smaller raise with the 7 and if they have the 8 or ace they will call your push, so I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure i would call with Ace [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , so its pretty bad play I think. Bet 30 or less look less suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]
I could/would never make this fold. People are just stupid. I'm not folding the second nuts.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:10 PM

I think a smaller raise is better. A weak flush will not call the all-in but might call a smaller raise. The ace will likely re-raise. So you make the same amount from an ace, and more from weaker flushes by raising less.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP1's bet doesn't show much strength given that a weak jack or ten will bet when checked to in his position. I think you can count the ace and queen outs as fairly clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I agree here. His bet is weak, but that doesn't mean hero's outs are good.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($3.50) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6 (3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets $2, BB calls $2, Hero calls $2.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to think what the better and others are likely to be playing. How would an A6 play it? What about a KQ? What about 8-9? Axs [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s? A10? AQ?

What about the other guy who's calling? What's he playing?

Either of the hero's cards can make a straight for someone else. There is a flush draw on the board.

I think there is a good chance that one is drawing to put themselves into a sticky situation.

If they hit, bet and everyone folds... great. But, besides a King, what are you going to do if someone plays back... you'll have nothing but a pair on a very coordinated board.

Is it just me? Am I being weak/tight or are there a lot better spots to call with then this flop?
Old 06-15-2005, 04:17 PM

TWP I would say it depends on the player that makes it, sure if some lag, habitual bluffer moves all in, calling with As is obvious, but seriously, the only hands most players would raise that 5$ bet on this river is Qs and As, and since you have the As its not hard to figure what card he has. And having the second nuts on this type of board doesn't really mean much.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:23 PM

I'd raise to 20. You won't get the 8 to call. Also, you make it possible for the A to lay it down. With a smaller raise, you guarantee yourself a call IMO.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TWP I would say it depends on the player that makes it

[/ QUOTE ]
The funny thing is that just up above I said that I'm calling here with the second nuts. There is no folding the second nuts at SSNL no matter how obvious the fold is. You are simply never against the nuts more than 50% of the time, IMO.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:32 PM

how many hands can hold the Qs compared to other situations when you have the second nuts. To think you are up against the nuts no more then 50% of the time against a typical straight forward SSNL player that pushes this river is giving money away.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:38 PM

Make it twenty on the river. That's just enough so that the BB will get a sinking feeling in their gut but will probably call anyway with the ace.

But yeah, pushing there is retarded. Even 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] mucks there. Not sure its the worst push of all time, though.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] mucks there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you F-in' kidding me?! Don't make me go out and get HHs with people pushing bluffs/third nuts/other random crap.