Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2004, 09:19 AM

Default Five Diamond World Poker Classic

So, this weekend, i somehow managed to win EmpirePoker's <a href="http://www.empirepoker.com/news/TVstar.html">"$17,000 Bellagio TV Star" tournament</a>. This means that i'll be flying out to Vegas in mid-December to claim my $15.3K seat at the Five Diamond World Poker Classic. Do you people have any advice on Las Vegas?

I was there when i was 9, so this is a bit different. I don't know if i have to stay at the Bellagio, but, if not, i'll be looking for something cheaper and not five star. Also, i'd be amenable to finding ways to entertain myself that don't involve hookers.

I don't really know No Limit, even though that's the style of tournament i won Saturday night. Do you people have any links that can explain the game to me?

I mostly played Limit-style poker, with some 3BB pre-Flop bets thrown in. This was good in two ways. First, since i would small bet a monster hand (to keep people in the pot), i was able to bluff later with small bets, which was much cheaper when i got caught. Second, i got to use the handy button to make my bets, rather than have to type in a larger amount. The downside was that it allowed people to draw cheaply on me, allowing them to beat me on the Turn or River.

Finally, i have never played live poker before. Do you it's worthwhile driving 2+ hours to Louisiana (from Houston) to play live poker before the WPT event?