Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 11:04 AM

Default ATo on the Bubble

These kinda of hands are always tough for me on the bubble. Early on I auto-fold this. Not sure why UTG doesn't push but suspect he has a good hand but not a great hand. CO is in dire straits and could have anything. Im thinking of pushing and either lose half my stack or knock out 2 people and have a big enough stack to pressure the rest of the table. What would you do here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed)

MP (t2050)
CO (t160)
Button (t1700)
Hero (t850)
BB (t2820)
UTG (t420)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises to t300</font>, MP folds, CO calls t160 (All-In), Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero ??
Old 08-05-2004, 11:13 AM

Default Re: ATo on the Bubble

Yeah, I do it. I re-raise to get his last few chips in. You only stand to lose 160 to CO, who is likely to have a better hand than UTG, and w/AT there is a good chance that one of you is going to dominate the other. You've already paid your blinds so have another shot at a desparation push if you lose.

But I'd like to hear from better players than me as well, because I'd mull this one over if I lost, like you're doing now.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:53 AM

Default Re: ATo on the Bubble

UTG raise is strange. Do you have any read on this player? He put in 70% of his stack, he definitely isn't going to fold, if he knows anything about what he's doing. I'd say you are not in a great shape against his hand. Even if it's some kind of a pair you're about 1:1 against, CO could have one of your outs. I don't like this spot. Relatively small chances you're a significant favorite here, more chances you're small dog or a big dog, and this is for half your stack, and basically as a caller, plus BB is behind. I say fold, you still have enough to scare other stacks. Patience is a virtue.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:22 PM

Default Re: RESULTS: ATo on the Bubble

I agree with Mantis. I made a poor decision here. I had enough stack to continue and make a good run at the money and ATo is just not strong enough to go all-in at this point. Here are the results.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed)

MP (t2050)
CO (t160)
Button (t1700)
Hero (t850)
BB (t2820)
UTG (t420)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises to t300</font>, MP folds, CO calls t160 (All-In), Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t850 (All-In)</font>, BB folds, UTG calls t120 (All-In).

Flop: (t1530) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t1530) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

River: (t1530) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1530
<font color="green">Main Pot: t580 (t580), between CO, Hero and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (t580).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: t520 (t520), between Hero and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (t520).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 3: t430 (t430), returned to Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Jc Kd (straight, ace high).
CO shows Th Ah (two pair, aces and tens).
Hero shows Td Ac (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: UTG wins t1100. Hero wins t430. </font>