Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 01:13 AM

Default they play bad, do I play worse?

BB is a passive calling station fish (52/6/.5 over 100 hands). Button sat down an orbit or so ago, I don't have stats on him yet; he seems aggressive so far but it hasn't been working out for him. MP1 is another calling station. I'd never seen either button or BB raise this much preflop. I'd give my image but these guys definitely aren't paying attention.

Comments on all streets appreciated, thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16.66 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12.33 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button calls $26.50 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (18.86 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 11-24-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: they play bad, do I play worse?

With only 100 hands on the guy, I am calling this river bet with TP. If someone raises behind me, I would muck no problem.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:19 AM

Do you fold the flop or turn?
Old 11-24-2005, 01:22 AM

Played perfectly.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:51 AM

Personally, I prefer betting the turn after BB checks. Button has no chips left so he is presumeably going all-in. I would really like to know what the hell MP has though. Your line is not bad though. BB's aggressive stance on this hand worries me a bit, especially since his AF is 0.5. I'm leaning towards a call on the river. It can be argued that you should fold the turn against BB's raise though.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:02 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
Do you fold the flop or turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd fold the flop.

b
Old 11-24-2005, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd fold the flop.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont go for the gutshot?
Seems like easy odds for me, unless you have to pay more than 2 SB.

I am folding the turn.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:37 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'd fold the flop.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not really in the right spot to go for the gutshot. Not to mention the players involved, you could easily be looking at 2 bets on this flop.

b
Old 11-24-2005, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With two players left to act behind me, and one them being aggressive, as well as a 3-bettor preflop, I'd fold. The OP could be drawing to a 3-outer with redraw possibilities, if the flush draw is out.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not really in the right spot to go for the gutshot. Not to mention the players involved, you could easily be looking at 2 bets on this flop.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok (?)
My analysis:

There is 16 SB already in the pot on the flop. When BB bets out I would think that I might get to see the turn for 1 SB (great odds) or 2 SB (since the passive BB will not threebet that often). With BB and the button joining me for 2 SB, I get 1:10 odds which means I only need to collect 1 additional BB on a jack. Seems nice.

When MP1 coldcalls on the flop I like my hand less since he seems to be on a draw which should mean I have only three jacks available (MP1 on either flush or straight draw with a jack). But by then I am closing the action for one more SB. Easy call.

On the turn my hand is almost guaranteed not to be good, and I have no clean outs. Clear fold.