Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the more legendary SNG player?
Gigabet 127 85.23%
Raptor 22 14.77%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Brand Spankin\' New Glock 19

[ QUOTE ]
"Knowing how to shoot" is relative. I suspect you are unconsciously incompetent with a handgun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you frequently go around suspecting things with no basis, Sugar? If so, I'd like to play a game with you sometime. My quote was not random. You really should stop making unfounded assumptions. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How in the heck do you conceal a Desert Eagle? That thing is a friggin hand cannon.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive been shooting guns since i was 4?
Old 11-15-2005, 01:29 PM

I'm sure you can shoot. My point was that it's a big chunk of metal to try and hide.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Join the real world, chief. I live in Philadelphia, and since I'm in law enforcement, I think I'm pretty qualified to answer this. It will help when some crack-deranged lunatic breaks into your house with a knife looking for money and lunges at you or one of your loved ones with a knife.

We don't all live on an secluded campus. Some of us live in the real world and face real problems - problems where it turns out that it's us or them.

BTW, to the OP - good choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not talking about a safely locked up gun in a home. We're talking about the idiots who see no problem with people walking around with concealed weapons. I find it absolutely insane that people are allowed to carry concealed weapons in this country, especially since the majority of which that will take part are the last people you want carrying a gun in the first place.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:51 PM

You crazy Americans need to stop being so scared of eachother [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Join the real world, chief. I live in Philadelphia, and since I'm in law enforcement, I think I'm pretty qualified to answer this. It will help when some crack-deranged lunatic breaks into your house with a knife looking for money and lunges at you or one of your loved ones with a knife.

We don't all live on an secluded campus. Some of us live in the real world and face real problems - problems where it turns out that it's us or them.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not talking about a safely locked up gun in a home. We're talking about the idiots who see no problem with people walking around with concealed weapons. I find it absolutely insane that people are allowed to carry concealed weapons in this country, especially since the majority of which that will take part are the last people you want carrying a gun in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do really think that criminals or gangsters apply for a concealed carry permit? I know quite a few people who carry legally and none of them have ever commited a crime or been arrested. My uncle works for a security firm in California and a few years ago they had an employee go on a shooting spree and kill a few people from his office. He carrys because if a situation like that ever came up again, he can defend himself.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do really think that criminals or gangsters apply for a concealed carry permit? I know quite a few people who carry legally and none of them have ever commited a crime or been arrested. My uncle works for a security firm in California and a few years ago they had an employee go on a shooting spree and kill a few people from his office. He carrys because if a situation like that ever came up again, he can defend himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is precisely why law abiding citizens should be able to carry. No one seems to remember when that student at Appalachain Law School went on a shooting spree, it was two other students who were lawfully carrying guns that took him down and prevented him from killing numerous other people until police arrived. The argument that people, even those who have never broken the law, shouldn't be able to carry concealed weapons rests on the assumption that less guns = more safety. This is naive. The illegal guns that already are on the street are going nowhere, and the best defense against them is to allow law-abiding citizens to protect themselves.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:59 PM

Good post, this why I am all for concealed carry.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:10 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I consider writing a response to all you awesome people who are so badass with your guns, one of you answer this:

Name one situation that you think a gun will help you in and I'm curious about the area you live in.

If I didnt own a gun the King of England could just walk right through my front door and start pushing me around.
You wouldnt want that would ya, would ya
Old 11-15-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The argument that people, even those who have never broken the law, shouldn't be able to carry concealed weapons rests on the assumption that less guns = more safety. This is naive. The illegal guns that already are on the street are going nowhere, and the best defense against them is to allow law-abiding citizens to protect themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolutely right.

[ QUOTE ]
We're talking about the idiots who see no problem with people walking around with concealed weapons. I find it absolutely insane that people are allowed to carry concealed weapons in this country, especially since the majority of which that will take part are the last people you want carrying a gun in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, provide me with some proof that "idiots" are legally carrying concealed handguns in this country. Provide some proof that the people legally carrying concealed weapons are, generally, "the last people you want carrying a gun in the first place."

I think, if we're going to make generalizations, people carrying concealed handguns are generally:

- Knowledgable of the law
- Well trained
- Intending to defend themselves and their family

This includes, but is not limited to, the police who carry off duty, the ex-military, the handgun instructors themselves. What can you possibly find so atrocious about a group of well-trained, well meaning, knowledgable people who choose to carry a handgun when they leave the house?

The fact that there are millions of unlicensed, barely traceable guns out there scares the crap out of me. I'm just doing something about it when I strap on and leave my house.

Are you?