Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: This will turn out to be a good thing for us

One good thing could be when the dust settles is that Party may have to stop calling itself the "Worlds Largest Poker Room"

That would crack me up.
[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 10:14 PM

Now we have the rakeback, we have the bonuses; and they're the best things to have. But fish are a thing of the future. And if we don't get a piece of that action, we risk everything we have. I mean not now, but, ah, ten years from now.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now we have the rakeback, we have the bonuses; and they're the best things to have. But fish are a thing of the future. And if we don't get a piece of that action, we risk everything we have. I mean not now, but, ah, ten years from now.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is gold man
Old 10-08-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just tranfered $1500 to Party...time to get to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

1500 on black

OCW
Old 10-08-2005, 10:33 PM

I think it COULD turn out better, but I doubt it. The people who think this will eliminate all the 8 tabling TAGs are nuts, the TAGs will move to Party short term and the games won't be much better, definately not enough of an improvement to counteract the loss of rakeback.

Now, will we see a rakewar, or sites/affiliates doing their best to get players to other sites with good deals? Let me answer this in two parts.

1. I don't see a rakewar happening. Honestly, I don't. If anything this will be a sign to Stars and other sites that they don't have to reduce rake, since Party may have shot itself in the foot, and all they need to do is throw their normal reload at us and we'll come.

1A. I honestly doubt that Party's Points Bonii schemes will amount to much. MultiPoker almost had it right with their 20x bonuses, which would be about even with what rakeback would provide for the average TAG, and would last over 20,000 hands. Party will always try to get out as cheaply as possible.

2. But, we will see more small sites working with affiliates to lure players in. I'm about to conference with the manager of a room to talk about ways to take advantage of the 8 Tabling not as good as they think TAGs and bring them our way. Just since this news broke we were able to get him to agree to a better deal for us, so we can in turn provide a better deal to players and hopefully hook some more. I'm guessing every other affiliate that does rakeback/player bonuses is thinking of new promotions or new bonuses right now to overcome the loss they'll take from people not caring about skin rakeback.

2B. But is this a good thing long run? We can't do deals with Pokerstars, they just won't allow it for anyone, and that is the site which will have its fish pools the least dilluted by an influx of TAGs. FTP, the Boss Network, some of the Prima skins, and a couple of the Crypto skins (Plus already good deals affiliates can augment from Pacific) seem willing to work out good deals, but there's a big problem. Either they have rather poor games, or their supply of Super Fish are limited, and an influx of just say 5 TAGs per limit would make them rather worthless.

I don't think this will ruin things, or be a huge problem. But, I will miss the extra 10 dollars an hour (or more, I forget.) I was making from rakeback on the skins.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on who you are. For a breakeven player who relies on rakeback for a living, this is catastrophic news (though in the long run perhaps such a player will now be motivated to learn to really win at poker.) For a decent player, this could be quite positive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its bad for both..for a player that breaks even and relies on rakeback, this is bad..and for the better player that doesnt rely on it, this is bad because those players that do rely on rakeback to make a living must now stop playing poker and get a realy job, leaving the better player less fish to eat up on
Old 10-08-2005, 10:44 PM

Jimbo good to have you back. It's been like a frat house open mic comedy show here, and we have been lacking in wit.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

MS Sunshine
Old 10-08-2005, 10:45 PM

You are too kind MS Sunshine. I haven't seen you around much either though.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:46 PM

I'm pretty upset. Empire just bumped me up to VIP last week.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:54 PM

LOL, me too. I guess they had a clue that this was coming.