Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: so many regular 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose I am just an insecure kid that gets saddened any time he loses over 3k in a day or to 15 3 outers in a row...intodays case, it was both. Plus, they all were really nice fishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be a tool. Be nice to the fish. You want them coming back. You also don't want them to be intimidated by you. This should all be rather obvious.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:23 PM

Strange, the 2+2er I was referring to who was insulting everyone was ZeeJustin....
Old 07-21-2005, 11:28 PM

Joking about ZJ of course...I got 2 IMs just now asking if I was serious.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:30 PM

My only chat response is "I'm horrible". Saves everyone alot of time.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Joking about ZJ of course...I got 2 IMs just now asking if I was serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you said that. I had lost some respect for him because I'm too dumb to notice a joke.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:35 AM

Am I the only one that picks a fight with the instigator when this happen? If some fish makes a loose call and sucks out on some sap who then starts berating the fish, about 80% of the time if he doesnt shut up soon I pick a fight with him. Partly to distract the fish and stick up for him (you are such an idiot, he made a great call).. and partly cuz I just hate nits..
Old 07-22-2005, 12:40 AM

if there were no variance, there would be no fish

the sooner people fully understand that the sooner they can begin to become at least *tolerant* of bad play and beats.

when something especially brutal happens to me at the table and i feel like bitching i just say something like 'fun game aint it?' or 'i love poker'

and tapping glass should be considered like a mortal sin around here, especially at the higher levels...whoever is doing this ish ought to stop it like YESTERDAY
Old 07-22-2005, 12:42 AM

I used to get mad and type "what a joke" when i got bad beat, but I noticed that when I get upset and start berating people, it takes me out of my game even more and it has a negative effect on me more then anything else. Now, all i type is "NH" and just move on to the next hand.

I don't know about the others here, but when I get emotional, it totally affects how I play. I used to have this same problem playing live ring games. As someone posted earlier, I think I'll be turning off my chat as well so I dont have to deal with anything like this.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that picks a fight with the instigator when this happen? If some fish makes a loose call and sucks out on some sap who then starts berating the fish, about 80% of the time if he doesnt shut up soon I pick a fight with him. Partly to distract the fish and stick up for him (you are such an idiot, he made a great call).. and partly cuz I just hate nits..

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same thing, and I only chat on three occasions:

1) Pick a fight with a fish-basher ("Dude if you were better at poker you wouldn't have lost, he made a really good play.")

2) Apologize for a brutal suckout ("Sorry man really good call you deserved it."

3) Kiss someone's ass for claiming to make really tight folds (I push the last five hands and someone says, "Ah, only have JJ, can't call you." "DUDE that's crazy I had QQ! Really great fold! Wow!")

There's actually an STT poster that I noticed doing it a few weeks ago. He kept saying [censored] like "UNBELIEVABLE WHAT A FISH YOU ARE, ICM IS CRYING BECAUSE OF THAT MOVE" and "GREAT KEEP LIMPING AJo UTG YOU IDIOT ARGH". I mentioned that I was 2+2 as well and I had spotted a leak and that he should really just shut up but he didn't get it.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:44 AM

I just can't help myself.

So I prevent myself: chat is off.