Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2004, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Effects of Fossilman\'s win on 2+2, so far:

Didn't you guys see him on Jimmy Kimmel?

They talked about the WSOP for 2 minutes when Greg said, "Well enough about that silly WSOP. Jimmy did you know Lucky Nugget has a $200 for $50 deposit bonus?
Old 06-08-2004, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't you guys see him on Jimmy Kimmel?

They talked about the WSOP for 2 minutes when Greg said, "Well enough about that silly WSOP. Jimmy did you know Lucky Nugget has a $200 for $50 deposit bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh that Midwestern humor. Refreshing.

Pssst we gotta watch the humor that takes a little IQ. Keep posting these funnies more people like the Dr Who looking dude may run away to SS. Can't have that.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:58 PM

But seriously, I doubt he's going to say something like - "I learned a lot from www.twoplustwo.com - shout out to Mason and Granny!!"

He'll probably say something like, "I learned a lot from an internet forum and newsgroup".

Even if he did say 2 + 2 how many combinations are there?
2+2.com
2plus2.com
2+two.com
2plustwo.com
twoplus2.com
two+2.com
twoplustwo.com
Old 06-08-2004, 06:21 PM

I consistently have seen "fossilman" referenced in articles about him. Is this from his name here or is this his nickname on Poker Stars? I assume the latter. Has fossilman posted on here on how much he has/will reference 2+2?

For as much as the WSOP is replayed on TV, Mr. Raymar in an immediate post-tournament interview saying something like "before I say anything, I just want to thank all the fine folks at 2+2. I couldn't have done it without you guys," could be disastrous. This would certainly be a -EV situation.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't have done it without you guys," could be disastrous. This would certainly be a -EV situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't matter too much. It'll just be a bunch of morons giving a bunch of other morons advice. The disaster will be the drop in quality of these forums.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:39 PM

Fossilman is his Stars name (and his 2+2 name).
Old 06-08-2004, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, ok: So, let's say we know Fossilman will give a plug to 2+2. Sumthin like: "I also must acknowledge all the great support and information I got from the poker internet forums 2+2 publishing and RecGamblingPoker

He posts on both places and asked to get staked on both. With his new status, he has to be a diplomat and not burn any poken-stein bridges.

I say, for each 2+2 plug, RGP will be right there. Most observers will scratch their head until the words PokerStars comes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt he will acknowledge RGP, he did not post a thank you on RGP as he did here from McCarron airport after he won the WSOP.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For as much as the WSOP is replayed on TV, Mr. Raymar in an immediate post-tournament interview saying something like "before I say anything, I just want to thank all the fine folks at 2+2. I couldn't have done it without you guys," could be disastrous. This would certainly be a -EV situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right. Now that you're here, gonzo787, we should barricade the doors.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:08 PM

The less people know about 2+2 the better, me thinks. Its that good.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:11 PM

.........promo schedule as of now is essentially fielding the requests as they come in.

As you know, Greg is a rather "down to earth" kind of guy.....he's not into conspicuous self-promotion.

The opportunities will come. Anyone familiar with promotion & marketing will understand that timing and "the story" are key elements.

My feeling is that the opportunties will probably increase AFTER ESPN airs their string of shows that will have to feature Greg prominently. Those airings will showcase "the story", and we can all certainly be sure that the announcers will "spin" their version of the story to get maximum hype from same. If we look at all the potential angles they they can pitch, the "Fossilman story" is sure to play well.

That being said, life goes on for Greg and you can be sure that the bright lights of his victory have not blinded him to the important things in his life.

He will handle each and every opportunity with the same type of thoroughness that
he exhibits at the tables.