Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 02:45 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Fold preflop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this hand is awesome, i think you did everything right.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we are ignoring preflop because of the title right? if so, I agree

[/ QUOTE ]

given that he posted in the CO, and there was a limper and blinds still left, and he was getting immediate 6:1 and usually 8 or 9:1, i dont think i ever fold preflop.

edit: hmm i might fold the second time around, but putting 2SB into an 18SB pot isn't really too unappetizing with a suited connector.

[/ QUOTE ]

43s is a piece of [censored] hand and I can't imagine it's ever right to call 2 cold with it (on the way back obviously)
Old 11-02-2005, 02:58 PM

Goodness. I know you are always joking and calling yourself a fish, but I guess you might not be joking...

how in the world do you call 2 more bets preflop? There are 5BB in the pot and its 1BB to you holding a suited 34. Wow. I see this crap all the time but its usually straight donkeys.

FLOP: How do you raise this flop knowing it could get capped? there is about zero chance that you are getting a free turn card. Further, even if you do hit your flush you are succeptible to redraws that beat you. Just to add to that, you will hit your hand and lose to a larger flush a portion of the time here. These are very poor plays. I would expect you to be well beyond this level playing at 15/30.

Turn fine. River call.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:01 PM

Finally hellite, I was waiting for you. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I don't know about the preflop call, obviously I think it sucks since I titled the post "Fold preflop" but I think I played postflop well.

Some posters I respect say preflop sucks, and some I respect say they don't fold, so I guess it's closer than we thought homie.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

given that he posted in the CO, and there was a limper and blinds still left, and he was getting immediate 6:1 and usually 8 or 9:1, i dont think i ever fold preflop.

edit: hmm i might fold the second time around, but putting 2SB into an 18SB pot isn't really too unappetizing with a suited connector.

[/ QUOTE ]

43s is a piece of [censored] hand and I can't imagine it's ever right to call 2 cold with it (on the way back obviously)

[/ QUOTE ]

right, it's probably a fold on the way back, but his initial call is fine and very +EV.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:37 PM

My mistake: I screwed up the preflop action. I probably throw this away after the initial raise, but once you call and it comes back capped I believe your call is now profitable since all the dummies are coming along for the ride. Somehow I missed a couple players on my initial read. It is now a mistake to fold for 1BB. I think you played fine the rest of the way. with this many players in the hand, your flop play now becomes correct. Those extra two players make all the difference.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right, it's probably a fold on the way back, but his initial call is fine and very +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see how you can think the initial call has a positive expectation based on the the limper and blinds calling, but calling 1BB back to him getting what is surely 9 or 10/1 is -ev? Please explain.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:51 PM

I called 2BB on the way back around.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:00 PM

You called two small bets = 1BB. 5 players called a preflop cap for 2BB each right?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:13 PM

Why aren't you capping the turn?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see how you can think the initial call has a positive expectation based on the the limper and blinds calling, but calling 1BB back to him getting what is surely 9 or 10/1 is -ev? Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Implied odds? We have to call 1SB getting likely 10:1 vs. 2SB getting 10:1. I think that's the only real difference.