Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2004, 01:24 AM

Location: I like to tell others what is important in their world. I will bump a post if I deem it worthy
Default I like Spam, Spam is our friend.

The no spam policy is dumb and gives nitwits like Froggy an excuse to take a break from hide-the-salami and play find the spam.

The reality is that you want spam here. If the deal is good, we all benefit as somebody may try it out and report back. If it is bunk, we will quickly find out. This way we add to our collective resource pile. Its not like people are going to run to another site due to any spam here, this site will still be the primary resource for discussion of poker (and gambling) related deals, benefits, etc.

Its better to get it all out in the open so it can be quickly discarded or approved. As it is now, most posts have elements of spam, not 100% pure spam, but enough to make you wonder. Then you get frognuts all worried there is spam going on.

Dumb. I am dumb, but this is dumber.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:50 AM

Default Re: I like Spam, Spam is our friend.

i agree

by banning spam you simply make the market for what the spammers are promoting more underground and as a result dodgy greedy people benefit

take a newbie to internet poker who wants to set up a rake refund - there are plenty of affiliates who will do such a deal but some of them will rip the newbie off and some will do the "right" thing - a newbie has little chance by scanning these boards to know which affiliate is which and what affiliate deal is decent and which is a sham - in effect the crap affiliates benefit from the lack of detailed information on the topic and ability to compare whats on offer - i think thats a sad state for an internet gambling forum to be in

i post on a differnt forum that allows spam - dodgy spammers are quickly identified and ridiculed - affiliates and people promoting sites are tolerated if they wish to contribute and are happy to debate the merits of what they are offering - several posters are known as people who promote something whether it be a particular site, rake deals or whatever - those people compete with one and other for the business that they attract and as a result what they offer is fair and transparent

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 06-01-2004, 03:32 AM

sum, the 'real" dumguy seconds that motion!
At least out in the open, we have a little control over it. Besides there's nothing preventing a spammer from creating new accounts. The in for the long haul guy, and innocent newbies are the ones getting punished.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:07 AM

Default post deleted

post deleted
Old 06-01-2004, 04:41 AM

could you guys tell me what a good rake refund deal would be... I posted a thread asking for pms about deals and I am going to wait it out for a day or two... but I would like to know what some of you guys would consiter a good deal.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:40 AM

If there was no control over SPAM this forum would be inundated, and hence massively devalued. As it is the flame wars, repeated Party questions etc etc devalue significantly.

SPAM, in the right place, is potentially valuable to some, but this forum ain't the right place.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:17 PM

Location: I like to tell others what is important in their world. I will bump a post if I deem it worthy

[ QUOTE ]
If there was no control over SPAM this forum would be inundated, and hence massively devalued. As it is the flame wars, repeated Party questions etc etc devalue significantly.

SPAM, in the right place, is potentially valuable to some, but this forum ain't the right place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree.

For one, the whole site would benefit if you had all Spam-type posts sent to one forum. This leaves the rest of the site uncluttered. This is pretty much how it is now.

For two, Yes, you can have some type of regulation, but not to content really, but more to posting frequency. For example, you can only allow a promotion, etc. to be posted as a topic only once.

Ok. I don't have a list. But think about this. Knowing there is a new competitor out there who may have good product that would appeal to 2+2 ers, and you were an established site, what could you do?

You can pretend you are a total jackass hired by Nutz Poker to be your marketing director. People would see this kook here and really get turned off to the site. Big victory for the competition.

This is an extreme example, as we know WorstPlayerEver is a jackass in his own right, this is proven by his "new" name. Everyone knows "Shill-the-Thrill" would have been the enlightened choice.

Ok. Back on track. You lay down the law, and now we only get third-party SPAM, which comes in the form of recommendations by respected posters. That is fine, for the most part, as I respect the respected posters and I respect their respected opinions on the respective, quasi-spam they bring to the site on an ad-hoc basis.

Nevertheless, we don't have a reference point from witch to juge those opinions and we must taken the words as gospel. This is fine if the Filter is pure and the process maintains integrity.

But danger lurks. Respected posters become respected in the industry (it seems) and they use lever-AGE as they become involved with some of these promotions. Again, most, if not all, earned this, and they shoot you the strait dope which means everything is fine. But now, we have to hope they keep their integrity and trustworthiness as our SPAM choices become dimineused.

Before I bore you to death, just reed what StripSqueez, formerly known as ChickenHawk had to say...and live it, learn it, love it.