Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2005, 01:23 PM

Default what do i do about this ticket?

i'm a sophomore in college and i live about 30 min away so i brought my car to make going home and back easier. until you're a senior you're not allowed to park in the lots between 8am and 430pm, so i have to park on nearby streets.

last night i went to jewel to get food, parked in the lot to bring it in easily, then was planning on going to a friend's dorm to pick up a cd i needed for homework and park on the street when i returned. it turns out i didn't need the cd, so i forgot all about the car in the lot.

i go to class at 10 this morning and see a ticket on my car. i'm running late and only have one class so after class at 11 i pick up the ticket from the car and bring it inside to look at it. it's for $50!! this seems pretty insane -- the lot is empty, they're charging me 25k or so for tuition and almost 3k for food i don't even eat, now they want another $50.

i make a few random phone calls then go out to move the car. i find ANOTHER TICKET for ANOTHER $50! to add insult it takes me 20 min to find a spot and it's only 2 hour parking (it's never been this bad on the streets before).

according to the ticket, they have to be paid or appealed within 10 days and invalid appeals get charged another $10. it also says "vehicles with unsettled notices may be removed from property at the owners/operators expense." does this mean if i don't pay i'll be fine as long as i don't do it again?

should i (a) ignore both or (b) obviously appeal one and pay the other one?

this school will NEVER get a penny from me after i graduate, i can't stand how many dumb fees i'm paying that are useless.