Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 02:35 AM

Default 2 Hands from Late in Dise 33+r

First hand utg+1 limps 9 handed. Blinds are 2k/4k with antes. I have a6o and haven't been at table for more than an orbit i complete and bb checks. AJ7 two diamonds. What is my plan with 80k behind, limper has 40k bb has 60k.

Second Hand. I raise to 19k utg with QQ, bb is 8k we are in the money 50~handed. BB calls leaving himself 50k. Flop is AJx again with 2 clubs this time. He checks....thanks for any insight on these hands
Old 12-23-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: 2 Hands from Late in Dise 33+r

[ QUOTE ]

First hand utg+1 limps 9 handed. Blinds are 2k/4k with antes. I have a6o and haven't been at table for more than an orbit i complete and bb checks. AJ7 two diamonds. What is my plan with 80k behind, limper has 40k bb has 60k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably check/call the flop and turn then lead the river, especially if a diamond hits on either street, although that may change depending on the action and the turn card. If someone gets really excited about their hand its an easy dump. If it stays 3 way until the river I tread more carefully as well.

That's the rough plan, but much can change in 3 way pot depending on the cards and action.

[ QUOTE ]

Second Hand. I raise to 19k utg with QQ, bb is 8k we are in the money 50~handed. BB calls leaving himself 50k. Flop is AJx again with 2 clubs this time. He checks....thanks for any insight on these hands

[/ QUOTE ]

How deep are you?

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-23-2005, 03:05 AM

First hand I agree that checking flop is probably best. If I check call the limpers bet on the flop the pot will be pretty big compared to his stack and hed probably have to commit on the turn. I don't want to let him think he has ANY fold equity at any point in the hand, so leading flop or turn seems kind of ugly unless I have no plan to fold. If opp bets 1/2 to 2/3 the pot, my plan is most likely to call and evaluate on turn, which is what happened, he bet 7500 into 12k, the turn was a blank and I checked again hoping I could get more info from his tempo and bet amount, he relaly through me a curveball by betting 11k into 30 really quickly, almost making it look like I have fold equity (not sure if purposefully), at this point I wonder if anyone folds.

As for hand 2, I only have 60k behind approx and pot is 50, I am NOT getting away from this hand and it seems like it is a way ahead way behind, but can I relaly check?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As for hand 2, I only have 60k behind approx and pot is 50, I am NOT getting away from this hand and it seems like it is a way ahead way behind, but can I relaly check?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not with 2 broadways and 2 diamonds.

[ QUOTE ]
the turn was a blank and I checked again hoping I could get more info from his tempo and bet amount, he relaly through me a curveball by betting 11k into 30 really quickly, almost making it look like I have fold equity (not sure if purposefully), at this point I wonder if anyone folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't fold there, nor do I put him on diamonds, so I call again and see if he bets again on the river and call what ever he does there.

Regards,
Woodguy