Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Partymine: any progress on mining multiple limits??

I haven't checked in on this issue in a while -- I just wanted to know if there were any plans in the works that would allow a user to tell PM, for example, to mine 6 tables of 20/40 and 4 tables of 30/60.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Partymine: any progress on mining multiple limits??

or SNG support?
Old 11-08-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
or SNG support?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me how datamining could help a tournament player. I would think the data derived would be useless unless it is filtered to a specific level. For example a tight aggressive player at a full table at the start of the tournament will react differently than he will at the final table with huge blinds/antes & 5 players remaining.

I may be wrong, but I think what you are asking for is pointless. But then again what do I know... I rarely play tournaments.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 04:07 PM

I think a useful product, TT, would be a super-massive dB of high entry SNGs, e.g., $100+. I think a lot of players would pay for this dB. I know a few people who make a good return specializing only in semi-expensive SNGs.

But your point is a good one. Pat at Pokertracker should develop a whole new set of statistics/metrics focusing only on SNGs. Most of the stats currently employed by PT are most applicable to cash games.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:46 PM

With the PokerAce HUD, you can set filters to statistics based on how many players are at the table. For example, you can set it to show stats only when there are 7-10 players, then 4-5 players, and finally 2-3 players.

Right now, I'm using VP$IP to judge how loose a player is early in a tournament (with 7-10 players left), then I use fold to steal % on the bubble (4-5 players) left, and of course the show mucked cards after showdown.

It would be nice to datamine this before I move up to a higher level.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or SNG support?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me how datamining could help a tournament player. I would think the data derived would be useless unless it is filtered to a specific level. For example a tight aggressive player at a full table at the start of the tournament will react differently than he will at the final table with huge blinds/antes & 5 players remaining.

I may be wrong, but I think what you are asking for is pointless. But then again what do I know... I rarely play tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]
When you get to the $55 level, you see many of the same players a lot. If I had 20-30 games of data on a player, it would give me something of a read. Even if it just told me what his ITM and ROI is. Not really accurate at all, but it's something.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:07 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. Perhaps I am being a bit dense, but I still don't see the value in datamining sit & gos or tourneys from the information that you replied with. Of course I see why there is a demand for this ability, but the actual data doesn't seem to be as valuable as it is in a cash game environment where the table size is semi-static, and the blinds are static.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:21 AM

I don't know if you have any experience with basic SNG concepts, but stuff like blind stealing, pushing with any 2, fold equity, etc. are fundamental concepts that any winning player will know about. Even if I know that my opponent plays a lot, I can determine that there is a higher chance that he has a grasp of these concepts.

Don't get me wrong, I agree, it's stupid to try to make reads as the blinds go up. Stats like V$IP and PFR are pretty much useless.

But say I have an opponent who plays a lot on the bubble. It helps to know that he probably has an ok grasp of basic SNG concepts. Mainly that he'll be trying to avoid a coinflip on the bubble. Thus I can push a HUGE range into his blinds. Just one example.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you have any experience with basic SNG concepts, but stuff like blind stealing, pushing with any 2, fold equity, etc. are fundamental concepts that any winning player will know about. Even if I know that my opponent plays a lot, I can determine that there is a higher chance that he has a grasp of these concepts.

Don't get me wrong, I agree, it's stupid to try to make reads as the blinds go up. Stats like V$IP and PFR are pretty much useless.

But say I have an opponent who plays a lot on the bubble. It helps to know that he probably has an ok grasp of basic SNG concepts. Mainly that he'll be trying to avoid a coinflip on the bubble. Thus I can push a HUGE range into his blinds. Just one example.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a beta tester for Ptrack Pat when he was developing the Auto Rate feature of Poker Tracker (DRIVETT on the PT boards), and I recall numerous conversations at the time discussing if autorating could be implemented for tournaments. It was decided that it was essentially a futile concept, although it was something that many (if not all) tourney players wished they had access to at the time (this was before the availability of today's HUDs such as GT+, PV, or Poker Ace).

Perhaps I am holding on to my experience at that time, but your response still doesn't convince me (and I do really want to be convinced). can you give me real world examples featuring data that is currently found in PT and available live when you use PA?

Old 11-11-2005, 10:59 PM

Yes, it is being worked on. I am going to complete this before finishing the SNG support since I have got alot of request for this lately, and I don't think many people are actually trying to use PartyMine for SNG support as of yet.