Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 06:37 PM

Default 5/10 NL...JJ in a reraised pot played somewhat weakly

6 Handed 5/10 NL
Opponent in this hand is AgentSmith. He is a regular winner on Prima and pretty TAG. He has reraised me preflop 2 or 3 times in the past half hour on different tables and I've folded each time. He has $1450 to start this hand and I have him covered.

I open J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG for $35. He reraises to $125 from the blinds. Everyone else is out. I call.

Flop 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He pots it for $250. I call.

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check. Check.

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check. Check.

I talked with a good 2+2er about the hand afterwards and he said he would play it exactly the same. Is there any point to betting the turn or raising the flop?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL...JJ in a reraised pot played somewhat weakly

If (and only if) I have position, I occasionally will throw in a very small bet on the river here, maybe $75-100 into a $750 pot. The times that I get called by 99 or AK seem to outweigh the very rare instances in which I get called by a very cautiously played QQ.

It seems like a donkey play, but some people can't pass up the odds. Every now and then, you will elicit a CR with air as well.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL...JJ in a reraised pot played somewhat weakly

Do you value bet this river if the turn is a low spade, and the action is the same?