Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2003, 01:11 PM

Default Did I really play this that bad?

On-line micro-limit 9 player table. There are a couple of aggressive players and several calling stations. I am on the button with A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] . UTG folds, UTG+1 calls (he is loose and somewhat passive), UTG+2 just arrived and posted...he checks, fold, call, fold, to me. I raise, the SB calls, BB re-raises (he had been playing solid cards from what I had seen and was aggressive), everyone calls except the UTG+2 poster, and I called. 5 players see the flop.

Flop: 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets out, the 2 others call to me. I raised, Sb cold calls, BB re-raises, next player calls but the second folds, and I call.

Turn: 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, I check to see the river for free.

River: K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

Excellent assuming no one has hit a full house after the turn or that BB doesn't have KK. SB checks, BB checks, next player bets out, I raise, SB calls, BB folds, and the original river bettor is disconnected and times out.

My A-high flush is shown and the 2 players left muck and I take down a nice pot. The BB then starts throwing out comments like "Wow aren't you a great player" and "Could you have gotten any luckier?". Clearly he was upset and although his hand was never shown (and won't show up in the hand history b/c he folded), I assume he probably had AA. His comments don't bother me much, I get mad too when I have AA beaten, but I'd like opinions on my play on all streets and whether he had some justification in being upset with me staying in.