Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2004, 11:37 PM

Default Commerce Trip Report-Day 1

I made my first trip to Commerce this past weekend and just wanted to share with you guys some of my thoughts and hands.

First thanks to the floor manager they sent a nice Cadillac to pick me up at the LAX and then had a limo drop me off. I am already feeling like a high roller. The hotel room was kind of crappy though. Small room with no view, no curtains and the toilet flush doesnt work very well.

I drop off my bags and head to the 40-80 table. The poker room was very big and nice. It was nice not to hear the slot machine noise. They had 3 games going late Friday afternoon.
First 2 hours kind of uneventful.

Then I go on one of my worst sessions ever. The good hands I played got beat by 2-4 outers. The hands I threw away miraculously made the nuts on the river. By midnight I was down $5500. I decided to stay and play because the games were excellent and even though I was down that much I didnt play bad at all. It was more frustrating than anything.

I took notes on few of the hands.
1. I pick up AA UTG and raise. Cutoff calls, SB and BB call. Flop - Q72(three diff suits). Very good flop for me. I bet, CO calls, SB calls. Turn - 2. I bet. Cutoff raises! what the 2 helped him. SB folds. River - 9. I check call. CO shows 102 to drag the pot. Welcome to Commerce!!! He says he only played because they were suited.

2. I have 43 in SB. MP raises. Button calls. I decide to muck. The flop is A52. I would have flopped the nuts. The betting is capped on flop. Turn - 9 and River is -K(no flush). betting is again capped on river. Both players have AK.

3. I have 43 again in BB. Early player raises. There are 7 players including me who see the flop. The flop is 965(2 diamonds). EP bets. Everyone calls. Button raises. I decide to muck. With 2 diamonds and drawing to bottom end I didnt like my chances. Boom - the river is a 2 of diamonds. Button bets and everyone calls. River is a J of spades. Again Button bets and 3 people call. Button wins with QQ(with Q of diamond). One guy had J10, one 1010 and third 88. My hand would have been good for a almost $1800 pot.

I call it a night at 5.30am. By now I have recovered a bit and end up a $3400 loser.

More on Day 2 later.