Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 12-15-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Anyone place a bet on the Cardplayer of the Year?

At the beginning of the year, I came across a bet I thought was too good to be true. After thinking it through briefly, I decided it was +EV to place a bet on the 'field' to win the Cardplayer of the Year. Amir Vahedi took the early lead in the standings, but John Phan took the lead back in March and my bet has been playing catch-up since. However, many hopefuls emerged throughout the year giving the 'field' occasional opportunities to take the lead from Phan (and now Men 'The Master').

26 players remain in Bellagio's 5 Diamond and Mike Gracz is currently 10th in chips. With a 5th place finish or better, Gracz will take over the lead in the Cardplayer of the Year standings (which will cover the 'field' bet offered on Bodog.com).

Did anyone else get in on this bet? If so what line did you get? I've got 135 (spread throughout various accounts) to win $9,975. Unfortunately Bodog only allowed bettors to make a maximum bet of $50 for this proposition. Good luck to those who made this bet as well. Hopefully I'll be celebrating on Friday with a long line of saki bombs capped off by drunking 25NL on PartyPoker.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Anyone place a bet on the Cardplayer of the Year?

Can you elaborate a little more? The field is compromised of unknowns? If so, who were some of the veterans NOT included in 'the field'?

thanks
John