Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 12-20-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (12/19) (8/16 limit)

[ QUOTE ]
I need to move down soon. I'm not adequately BRed for 5/10 right now although I took my shot and its worked pretty well so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh - didn't Dan Negreanu play like 80/160 with like 3k? lol
Go for it.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:24 AM

Yeah that's all well and good until Party flips the doom switch. Hitting me w/perfect-perfect quads isn't helping the image.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the late posting, just got home from work (8 hours of no calls, what fun).

[/ QUOTE ]

What's amusing for John Q. Sixpack tuning in now, is that Kevmath "apologized" for being "late" where "late" = "2 minutes."

Hill
Air
E
Us

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 12-20-2005, 12:28 AM

Russ - I may be PM ing you for advice on pokertracker cause I need to get started with it.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:36 AM

I advise you to buy it.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:37 AM

haha good advice -

Night all - east coaster here.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:56 AM

Atlantic 10 better than the Big East back in the day. Sorry, UMass was insane when Camby and Roe were around (Calipari coaching). But the only other 'name' player in the conference was like Yinka Dare.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Monday Night Football Schedule Change

[ QUOTE ]
Nice complete with 53o Rick. ROFLCOPTER!

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't I get a freeplay in the big blind (or was that the hand where I bought the button getting a freeplay)? Otherwise it was half a bet with about five opponents, marginally incorrect at worse.

~ Rick
Old 12-20-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Monday Night Football Schedule Change

Wow tonight was a bad night for me. I was card dead, tried to force some hands, and just could not connect tonight. The table was bitchy with too many players offering lessons, telling us how they would have played the hand, and justifying some really bad calls. It was like listening to fingernails on the chalkboard. I just could not get into the game—if they could have gotten a list, I would have left the table.

When Nichole sat down, she was fun and we shared some laughs. That made the last hour pleasant and Garland was really cool. I’m real glad I got to sit by him and talk.

Overall, I’m glad to be home, I just wish my pride came home with me. Sorry for the Donk plays—I was just trying to make something happen.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5 bike club props and 4 rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be a rock but I no longer work for the Bike. Only props were Dimitri in seat 5 and later the young lady who also played seat five (I don't know her, she started working after I left the Bike).

The table was much tougher than a typical 8/16 at the Bike or in LA. I was probably the biggest donk except for a couple players who left early. Not a game you want to play for profit, I considered moving but they were potentially short and I'm still friendly with the Bike staff.

My biggest mistakes:

Last hand trying to steal tough blinds with 94 offsuit. I had folded so much previously in steal spots that I thought I might get some respect. In reality the fact that I was card dead for the last 90 minutes should have tightened me up further since opponents won't fear me.

Possibly calling seat fives river bet when she made an ace high singleton flush on the river (I made a queen high flush on the turn). Because I check raised the flop with a draw I thought she might be making a move since I didn't play the hand like a draw. She did look down at her hand after I bet the turn, usually an indication that she's looking to see if she has the big flush card, but some people are tricky and capable of the fake look down. Still, I had a fold.

The calls of seat 2 when I flopped an AK straight and he flopped an ace high flush head up was routine. The other call when I went six bets on the button BTF with KK and he rivered an ace was fairly standard (I might have considered a raise). I'm getting 10 to 1 and he was certainly capable of betting a pair of jacks in that spot (and folding to a raise). I ran well against him on the small pots [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Fun game but not a lot of action. I was minus 180 or so. Got to see a lot of friends at the Bike. That's plus EV.

~ Rick