Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: AA hand gets minraised on flop Party400NL

I made the worst play possible. I figured it was KK or QQ and didn't want to deal with the wait, so I just put it in there. River=Q, Quad ladies for Cindy. I agreed with everyone I should reraise more preflop but I think on the flop I have to decide once I'm minraised if I am willing to gamble it all or not, and should call turn looking for him to bluff off or bet me in with his set on turn/river.

Sorry this post isn't better written, 4-tabling at the moment.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:45 PM

rrz at least 60 pf

looks like AA is no good or he has spades, i push
Old 09-15-2005, 01:30 AM

Make it 65 pre- flop. If you get played with, the hand plays itself, you bet flop, get raised, reraise all in.

With PF raise to 65 (pot raise), you've gotten opponents to commit about 16% of their stack preflop. They're not getting a price to hit a set. Dont get greedy with AA, many times you raise big, they fold, nothing wrong with that.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont get greedy with AA, many times you raise big, they fold, nothing wrong with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:57 AM

3 combos of QQ, 6 combos of KK, 1 combo of AA, those are the 3 hands I put villian on, even vs. QQ we have redraw, I call flop, push on turn, don't want KK to get away. so 6 times we win, 3 times we lose, 1 we split, I put it evenly on all 3 so no way I fold.

Plus, the very off chance of bluff, I doubt it but still, gotta factor it in a little bit.

Oh yeah, and AQ, possible, it is PP after all. very slightly KQ for that matter [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 05:26 AM

your preflop play is completely unacceptable and you need to understand that or it's going to cost you thousand of dollars. Not saying this to be mean. You have about 400 dollars in front of you preflop and a set is only 7.5 to 1 to hit if the opponent has a pp when you made that small preflop rr you jepordized your whole stack all 400 because you gave odds to everyone with any reasonable hand to outdraw you and break you. If already a raise preflop you need to play AA very fast IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF CHIPS IN FRONT OF YOU. Now you're in a senario that you will be lucky to come out ahead in and u now have 375 dollars in jepoardy. Personally if i made this mistake preflop I would check that flop almost every time to avoid going broke. There are no real draws and betting such a large amount on the flop puts you in a lot of danger. another 20 bucks to win 400 more of your stack I call with any decent cards. Do not play more nl until you understand this or you can fold AA postfolop without an extremely scary board.

To summarize preflop HORRIBLE protect your hand.
Flop play good IF YOU HAD PLAYED PROPERLY PREFLOP but given you huge mistake checking the flop is a much wiser play.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:34 PM

Well that advice was pretty blunt, but appreciated. I played about 1300 hands yesterday, in which I made some very large reraises with AA-QQ as well as AKs and I believe all of the pots turned out well. One thing I notice is that if I'm in a winning session I'll be more likely to protect my hand, but if I'm in a losing session, I'll be more likely to try and play a little slower for action. This is something I am starting to change but didn't realize it as much until recently. Thanks again for the posts,
-Ace
Old 09-15-2005, 12:40 PM

what does your winning and losing have to do with how you play a hand?
should have nothing to do with it.

I'd call his checkraise and see what he does on the turn. if he pushes, i probably fold. I'd check it down if possible.