Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2004, 05:34 PM

Default Tournament report - KOTZ Pot limit hold\'em

Well it started off pretty darn TIGHT. Skaboomizzy, nottom, MrFroggyX, Filip, jpg777, pumpkinhoney, and me were at the table. I didn't do much till hand seven, when I got ATs and made a pot sized raise. As had happened in five out of six of the previous hands, I took my turn stealing the blinds.

Some excitement finally got going on hand nine. Filip raised to 40 and Froggy-boy made it 100. The flop came Qs As 2d. Froggy checked, Filip bet 100, Froggy check-raised to 200, and Filip called. The turn was the 8h. Froggy bet 350 and Filip called. River came another 8, offsuit. Froggy bet 200 and Filip went all-in for 580 more. Froggy called and AK was good. Filip gets the less than dubious honor of first out of KOTZ.

I then got moved to a different table, with AAmazon, DaGrifter, Silvur, vehn, Choyce, sawil, and CrackerZack. There was a little lively banter at the table, but everything was said in good fun and kept clean :-). CrackerZack did however lament that that "you keep raising me, you'll be short lived."

On hand 12 Silvur and vehn get all-in before the flop. Vehn's KK beats Silvur's AQ and leaves Silvur with only 140 chips remaining. Silvur did double up a few hands later tho.

On hand 17 Grifter limps and JasonHoldem pot raises to 70, Grifter calls. Flop comes J 5 3 and Jason bets 100. Grifter makes it 400 and Jason goes all-in for 950 more. Grifter calls all-in. The turn is a K and the river is a 7. Jason KK in the hole takes it and Grifter goes out 59th.

Hand 24 was the prelude to the hand that would make my whole tournament, save for the final hand. I get AK and Silvur and sawil call, I pot raise to 100. I get respect as they both toss that trash they limped with ;-).

Sawil raised my big blind from his small blind. I chunked my J6o and he flashed AA. Sawil lamented "you guys using that pattern map and saw I had AA , right?" :-)

On hand 35 I was dealt KK. The blinds were 15-30 and Sawil popped a pot sized raise. I re-potted it up to 360 and we took a flop. The ace high flop was kinda like when you step in dog-doo. We both checked the flop and I folded when he bet the turn.

Hand 43 woke up the sleepy players who had mostly been stealing each other's blinds. Jason min-raises to 60 (GAG Jason!) from the button and gets action from AAmazon and Silvur. Flop comes Td Jh 2c. AAmazon bets 60, silvur folds, Jason makes it 360, AAmazon makes it 1260, Jason calls. The turn is the 8h and AA goes all-in for 585 more, Jason calls. River 2d. The old Suck-Re-Suck goes down as Jason's AA rivers aces up beats AAmazon's flopped jacks and tens. AAmazon goes out 56th.

The next hand has vehn going for the steal from the small blind, raising to 90, but getting looked up by Choyce. Flop comes K 8 5 with two hearts. Vehn bets 100 and Choyce calls. The turn is a six and vehn bets 380, getting raised to 760, then reraising to 1140, putting Choyce all-in. Choyce takes it tho as K8s beats 86o on this one.

On hand 47 I call sawil's min raise from the small blind into my big blind with J7o. The flop is T 7 rag. Sawil bets 90 into me and II pot raise it to 390. Sawil folds and I take the pot. I did not even have the show hand option on in the whole tourney, tho I did a few times tell what I had.

Things get pretty boring for a while. I stole a couple blinds, so did everyone else. No one's stacks changed very much for a while. No big pots. That changes on hand 67. JasonHoldem has a big stack of about 5000 and vehn has 2200 or so. Jason pots it to 175 and vehn min-reraises to 300 (I am not so critical of this type of a min-raise, it's just those preflop ones when no one has raised yet, but I digress...). They take a flop which comes Th 5s 4s. Vehn bets 375 and Jason max raises to 1750. Vehn goes the rest of the way all-in for another hundred or so. Turn is a 7, river 8. Vehn's QQ beats Jason's QTs and vehn doubles up.

On hand 73 I went for the steal with 66 and got called by nottom. I bluffed at a king high flop, but he raised me big time and I had to fold. I was down to about 1000 after that.

On hand 81 I get big slick again. Blinds are 25-50. Stew and vehn limp and I pot it to T275. Stew folds but vehn calls. Flop comes 232. I pot it for 675 and vehn folds.

Next hand, Stew and sawil both limp and nottom checks in the bb. Flop is K Q x and the [censored] hits the fan when Stew and sawil raise each other till they're all-in. Stew's pocket AA go down in flames as sawil's KQ take the pot, sawil doubles up. Stew goes the way of the rail, out 44th.

On hand 86, Choyce, Jason, and CrackerZack get into a three-way pot for 600 each preflop. Cracker is all-in with his short stack. It's checked to the river. Jason's pair of nines wins and Cracker goes out 41st.

It goes back to the wallet-stealing contest for a while. The action wakes up a bit when the blinds get to 50-100. vehn makes it 300 and StageMusic makes it 500. Jason raises the max and makes it 1900. Jason gets respect and they both toss their cards into the muck.

On hand 101 I steal the blinds with ATo. The next hand I get AQo and pot it to 350, but nottom calls me. The flop is 8 6 3 rainbow. I immediately pot it to 850. Nottom raises me, basically forcing me to fold or go all-in. I push the rest of my stack and the cards come up. I have no pair but he has pocket 77. D'oh! Bad play on my part. But I get lucky and catch an ace and double to 2930. The poker gods favored me that day. I figured that since I was in a steal position, he would have reraised me with any hand better than mine. I also figured it was unlikely that flop hit him, and that he was trying to make a move on me. Turns out I was dead wrong, and a 3:1 dog. But every dog has their day, and this one was mine.

A few hands later, nottom doubles with JJ vs MobyDick's unimproved AK. Nottom is back in the game.

Hand 108 sees Choyce go the way of the rail, 33rd. Choyce limps and Tharg checks in the BB. K 9 x flop, Tharg bets 250, choyce goes all-in for 575 more, Tharg calls. Tharg's 93s beats Choyce's A5s as no ace comes.

Hand 109 sees one of the greatest travesties possible in the game of hold'em. All fold to the BB, Moby, who then flashes AA.

StageMusic and whiskeytown both take a big hit on hand 117 when his AT has kicker trouble vs. nottom and Whiskeytown in a three-way all-in on an ace high flop. Nottom's AK holds up and Stage and Whiskey both go down in flames. Whisky still has 4770 after the hand tho, while Stage is down to 375. He goes out the next hand in 27th place.

Hand 119 has vehn go for the steal, raising the 150 bb to 400. Acesover8s calls and the flop is 2 4 8 rainbow. Vehn bets 500 and Aces goes all-in for 885 more, vehn calls. Aces pocket KK beats vehn's K2o and Aces doubles up to 3570. vehn still has plenty of chips tho.

Jason and Acesover8s have a major all-in confronation on hand 122. It's a bit anti-climactic tho when they both have AT at the showdown!

Hand 126 sees a new chip leader emerge. Whiskeytown raises to 525 and nottom calls. Flop comes 3 4 6 rainbow. Whiskey bets 450 and nottom makes it 2550. Whiskty goes all-in for 4000 more. Nottom says "i'd feel really silly making this call" and eventually folds. He still has plenty of chips left, but Whiskey takes the lead with a 6000+ pot.

Hand 140 has nottom knocking Tharg out of the tourney in 22nd place. Tharg got all his money in with the best of it on a 98x flop. But the river gods favored nottom as a seven spiked the river, and Tharg's TT lost to 87, two pair.

On hand 143 I steal the blinds with AK. Good old big slick. My stack is currently at 3080.

Hand 149 is a biggie. Nottom makes it 600 and Moby makes it 2100, nottom goes all-in for 4560 more and Moby calls for his last 1225. Nottom's AK beats Moby's TT and Moby goes the way of the rail, out 21st.

Hand 161 sends Jason the way of the rail, out 18th. Nottom and Jason get all-in BTF heads up. Qd Qh Jd 6d 7h comes on the board and nottom's AJ prevails over Jason's AT.

On hand 166 CM Burns comes to the table with a HUGE stack of about 21000. I have 2480 at this time and get KcQd. I raise the 200 bb to 700 and CM calls me from the BB. The flop comes 4d 7d Td. CM bets 1500 into me. With two overcards and a flush draw heads up, I am pretty much forced to call. I can't put him on an ace or king very easily, as he probably would have reraised, at least with the ace. So I am putting him either on one pair lower than a K or Q, or a bluff. I call him and takes my chances with the poker gods. But they favor me again, and a diamond hits the turn. He has 8s7s and I double up. His stack is hardly dented tho! According to twodimes.net I was a 52.4% favorite to win the hand. But since I was fairly desperate at the time, I had to go for it. The gods were on my side, again.

Hand 169 is pivotal for VinnyTheFish. Nottom gets Vinny all-in BTF for Vinny's last 1480. When the final board is Ts 8s Tc Jd Jh Vinny's AJ beats nottom's KQ. Vinny probably didn't realize this hand saved him a seat at the final table at the time!

On hand 174 I got dealt AQ. I pot raised to 700 and CM Burns called my ugly ass! The flop was K 9 4. He pot bet 1500 and this time I was not risking the rest of my chips. He took it down and didn't show.

On hand 180 the short-stacked vehn got all-in vs. the GIANT stacked CM Burns. Qd 2h Qs Qc 4s was the final board and vehn survived with 55 vs. CM's AT.

Next hand I had pocket QQ. Acesover8s pot raised and I pot reraised. He chunked his hand and I was up to 5410.

Steeser's lasat 4900 got into the pot on hand 182. Nottom followed suit and also got all-in. Burnsie looked them both up and a three-way showdown ensued. The board read 6h Qs 7d 3s Kh. Burnsie and nottom split up Steeser's money as they both had KQ, Steeser's 44 being no good. Steeser goes out 15th.

Vinny gets all-in for his last 2200 on hand 194. His QQ prevails over Acesover8s JJ. Vinny survives again!

Hand 196 I get AK again. Aces raises the 300 bb to 1050. I pot reraise to 3600. Aces calls me. The final board is Qd 4c 7h 3c As. My AK prevails over Aces AJ. He goes out 13th and I go up to about 9400.

On hand 200 Whiskey and Vinny bet it up to 1800 BTF. Flop is 2h Js 5h. They get all-in on the flop. A deuce hits the turn and an ace on the river. Whiskey's AK takes a nosedive and Vinny's AJ takes the pot. Whiskey doubled back up from a very small stack on hand 205.

On hand 208 vehn raised triple the blind to 900. I had JJ on the button and potted it to 3150. He folded.

Hand 211 saw Whiskey out 12th. Nottom's KQ beat Whiskey's QJ on a no pair board.

Sawil got the distinctly unlucky title of bubble boy.

On to the final table...

Seat 1: Catfish4U (8698 in chips)
Seat 2: nottom (6986 in chips)
Seat 3: C.M. Burns (21857 in chips)
Seat 4: VinnyTheFish (10030 in chips)
Seat 5: vehn_ (3330 in chips)
Seat 6: moshimoshi (21156 in chips)
Seat 7: LondonBroil (5196 in chips)
Seat 8: SteelBallsD (9272 in chips)
Seat 9: lorinda (6475 in chips)

I stole the blinds once with AQ. On hand 229 I got AK. moshimoshi made it 1400 and I made it 4600. He sent his hand on a one way ticket to mucksville.

The final table was playing very tightly, with few flops. Steal the blinds, steal the blinds.... That all changed on hand 233. Vehn made it 1200 and got looked up by Vinny. The flop was J 7 3 with two hearts. Vehn bet it all, 1330, and Vinny called. A six and a deuce were not enough for vehn, as his Qs5s was no match for Vinny's pair of sevens. Granny Mae sends vehn on a one way ticket to railsville in ninth place.

Hand 241 saw me with big slick once again. I popped the 400 bb to 1400. Nottom popped me 2600 better, making it 4000 to go. I pushed in my remaining 7272 chips, all-in. Nottom released his hand.

Hand 244 I stole the blinds again with AQ. I was up to 16472.

Hand 250 saw the blinds at 300-600. Nottom made it 2100 to go and got looked up by moshimoshi. Flop was J Q 3 rainbow. Nottom bet his last 2400 or so and got called. Moshi's JT hit two pair on the river. He didn't need it tho as nottom only had A3 anyway. Nottom 8th.

Hand 254 is Lorinda's last hand, she takes 7th. She makes it 1800 and Catfish4U makes it 5400, she calls. Lori's A2 fails to beat Cat's 99.

On hand 257 Moshi and Burnsie get all-in before the flop. Moshi had bursie covered, but is down to 9000 or so. Burnsie now has a commanding lead with 36514.

Burns and LondonBroil get all-in before the flop the very next hand. Burns loses tho to QQ vs AQ, London's QQ holds up.

There is only one flop from hand 258 to hand 272, and it was a small, no showdown pot. All blind stealing, with the occasional re-steal, fold. But London and Moshi get all-in BTF on this hand. Moshi had raised to 2100, and London reraised to 7200. Moshi went all-in for 4485 more. London basically knew he was screwed, but the pot was so big, he called anyway. 4d 9s 6c 5d Td winds up being the final board. London's Tc9c beat Moshi's AT for the three outer express. Moshi takes 6th and London has a huge stack now, almost 31000. Poor london will probably get roasted for this one!

Hand 274 shows me big slick. I popped it to 2100 and london re-popped it to 6600. I went all in for my last 11372 and he called me. The board was eight high rags and my AK prevailed over his ATs. I now had 36244 in chips. London made a desperation play a few hands later with pocket 44, but Burnsie's Q6o hit a six and London took 5th place.

On hand 286 I tried to steal but got looked up by Catfish. I had 34000 and he had 21000. I had Q8 and the flop was J 9 5r. I checked, he bet 1600, and I called. I called because we both had big stacks, and I thought I might be able to bust him if I caught the str8, and might win the pot with a queen. The turn sucked eggs tho, no help, and I folded when he bet again.

Well Vinny had been scraping along with a pretty small stack, and on hand 287 he got all-in three way against Catfish and Burns. It was A8 vs AT vs AQ and Vinny's AQ wins when no one paired. Vinny triples to about 8000.

Hand 289 was another pivotal hand for Vinny. He raised and got called by Burns. Flop was Q T 8 rainbow. Vin bet the rest of his chips, about 5000. Burns called. Turn seven, river J. Burnsie's QT two pair goes down in flames to Vinny's runner-runner str8 with pocket nines! Suckout city!

Hand 296 was a biggie. Cat and Vinny got into a pot after Cat called Vinny's min raise preflop. The flop had two jacks and Cat bet 3600, vin called. Turn was a deuce, Cat bet 2400, Vin went all-in for 10560 more and got called. Cat barely covered Vin. The river was a six, completing the flush. Cat's KJ goes down in flames to Vinny's Ace high flush.

Catfish goes out 4th on hand 297. Vinny raised to 2400, triple the blind. Burns called. Cat was almost dead now, all-in on the blind. He did not live through the rather uneventful pot that followed, getting knocked out by Vinny.

Vinny took a bunch of chips off Burnsie's hands on hand 314. Vinny limped on the button and I called in the SB with 22. Burns pot raised and vinny called but I folded. Flop was K T 2 ARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!! Burns bets the flop for 6400 and Vinny pushes out another 24000, burns folds. SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET I would have like that flop!

Chip standing at this point:

Seat 3: C.M. Burns (12150 in chips)
Seat 4: VinnyTheFish (48106 in chips)
Seat 8: SteelBallsD (32744 in chips)

On hand 320 I went for the steal with Th8h. CM looked me up. The flop was Q high all clubs. I bet out 4800 and CM folded.

Hand 338 - Battle of the Titans! Ace high!

Vinny raised to 4200. I was dealt AQ and potted it up to 13800, he called. The flop was 452 rainbow. I bet my entire stack, 20744. It had to be tough, but Vinny laid it down. Later I think Vinny said he had AT. My heart was POUNDING!!!!! That gave me about 50,000 chips with CM about 15000 and Vinny about 25000 or so.

On hand 352 Vinny min raised me and I called with Q6s. Flop was Q 6 2. He bet 1200 and I called. The turn was a duece, putting a two flush on board. He checked, I bet 7200, he called. River Jc. We both checked. My hand was good.

Hand 357 was a tough beat for me. I had KK and raised, CM reraised me all-in for about 9000 total. The flop was ten high but he rivered a flush and took a bunch of chips off my hands.

Hand 367 was another setback. Vinny had raised and I called with 98s. Flop was 8 4 2 rainbow. He bet 7200 and I raised to 28800, he called. His JJ held up and my stack went DOWN.

Standings after that hand:

Seat 3: C.M. Burns (17700 in chips)
Seat 4: VinnyTheFish (41012 in chips)
Seat 8: SteelBallsD (34288 in chips)

On hand 373 I got lucky again. I had QhJh. Burns raised and I reraised to 11400, he called. The flop was all rags, five high. I bet all-in and burns called, I had him slightly covered. HE had A4 and had flopped a pair of fours. But once again, the poker gods favored me, and I caught a jack on the river to knock Burnsie out 3rd.

The final hand...

Seat 4: VinnyTheFish (42212 in chips)
Seat 8: SteelBallsD (50788 in chips)

Vinny raised my BB to 4000. I had AA and raised back to 8000, he called. The flop was K J Q rainbow. I bet 16000 and he raised me all-in, I called. My AA won over his K8s.

Thus, Champion of the KOTZ pot limit hold'em, ME!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

A fantastic match, very tough. I sucked out a few times, which is the only real reason I won the thing. But you know, EVERY dog has their day, and this one belonged to me.

al
Old 02-20-2004, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Tournament report - KOTZ Pot limit hold\'em

nice report
Old 02-20-2004, 06:10 PM

Hi Al,

Awesome report, can't believe the work you put into it.

[ QUOTE ]
Jason min-raises to 60 (GAG Jason!) from the button and gets action from AAmazon and Silvur.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh...trying to trap with AA and nearly [censored] myself in the ass. (sorry AAmazon).

Congrats on the win.

jHE
Old 02-20-2004, 06:15 PM

Great Report!

I cannot believe how I played russian roulette all night. I guess it was just my lucky night -- till that AA!

Just curious: Who won the bounties?
Old 02-20-2004, 06:26 PM

yah....I think once your AJ knocked my AK (I won't forget that beat for a few years) - you were pretty safe up to the top 4 spots...

grrrrr....but had it been NL, we'd probably had been both all in preflop...I didn't reraise preflop with the hopes of trapping you, but if I had done so, it'd have just been a 5 card showdown that would have still killed me...we were both too short stacked and too close to the money to not make the moves with our hands...

good game
RB
Old 02-20-2004, 07:17 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

just cause i have to get this off my chest vincent....congrats to al and you. you played good. but that ak with a flop of 334 vs. my jj caused me some nightmares [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. in your defense, however, i got almost all my chips in preflop and my flop bet was minimal, cause i showed up 40 min. late, and you were pot committed... congrats again and nice playing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]