Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Re: Making more money from poker then I will ever make from a real job

How you thought about moving to some other country? I'm kinda tempted to move to scandinavia(Sweden or Finland) if I continue running good. Those countries are so much secure many ways.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:09 AM

You'll love Finland. Very cheerful folks. I think they hide the rope every springtime to cut down on suicides. You can hang out in the sauna (saw-Ooon-ah) with a cute Finish girl and eat herring. Then, one day, you'll wake up, realize you're not Finish, realize you haven't seen more than an hour's daylight in three months, and you'll kill yourself.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:05 AM

The Ukraine00x players are from a net cafe in Odessa. It's one account name per PC - I don't know if it's the same person playing exclusively on one acconut though. We've reviewed them a few times for collusion, nothing found
Old 08-31-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You'll love Finland. Very cheerful folks. I think they hide the rope every springtime to cut down on suicides. You can hang out in the sauna (saw-Ooon-ah) with a cute Finish girl and eat herring. Then, one day, you'll wake up, realize you're not Finish, realize you haven't seen more than an hour's daylight in three months, and you'll kill yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't the girls in Finland tight ass biotches who are pretty non social compared to many other countries? Maybe I have it wrong but I knew a player of high social in Finland.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:59 AM

I realise this is a bit of a tangent, but if I get fired tomorrow (for getting in a flame war with GrannyMae and sundering our reputation, say), I'm moving and playing poker for a living again.

I like the look of somewhere like Estonia, or Costa Rica, or India, or parts of Asia... If I can reliably win ~$50ph, I'm never going to become a millionaire in the UK. Yet in those countries, it's not a thousand miles away from being able to live like one off $1-$2k a week.

My aim would likely be to invest in property in that country, particularly if it was an Eastern European one, and particularly if it's a member of the EU like Estonia. Surefire long term growth, and cuts down on expenses.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This annoys me very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it. I have a 5-year professionally-accredited degree, with 3 years experience in my field and I earn $33.5K/year (in one of the most populated cities in the country).

Do you know how many idiots earn more money than this? A lot. That annoys me.

I've come to know poker as the "Equalizer"

Idiots go to work all day and play solitaire and earn a pantload of money, then come home and dump it off to smart people online.

James Woods is a prime example of an over-pair moron who dumps his money off to smarter people.

I'd love to sit at a table full of doctors, car salesman, business majors, etc. and take all of their money.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, working your ass off at poker for a few years, and then moving the money into some sort of other business venture is a reasonable option for any intelligent person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you do this? Most businesses fail, and you also are opening yourself up to lawsuits galore. Poker is free of lawsuits and you already know you are successful. I say keep playin cards until it dries up.