Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 12:44 PM

Default KQs got action

MP is 89/46/2.. although only 25 hands.. but seems complete donk..
CO is a donk.. 60/25 type of guy..
button is 60/17/1 after 100 hands...
for 1 sec I hated that river.. then when I looked closer.. "hey... wait a minute...."

anyway.. comments on all streets
specially flop....
and turn.. thats a cap right?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (22.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 30.50 BB
Old 11-14-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: KQs got action

comon... it's a royal..
Old 11-15-2005, 06:13 AM

First of all, DO NOT BET THE FLOP!!!!!!!

Ya think they are really gonna fold? I'd check call one bet and maybe fold for two with a gutshot + backdoor flush. I don't know how full of [censored] they may be, but your hand still sucks. You were there, I wasn't though.

I wouldn't cap the turn either given the flop action. I prefer betting to checkraising so a 3rd player can get trapped for multiple bets easier.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:23 AM

I wonder if you busted quad Ts or if you went running royal on the flopped boat. Either way, I'm sure some bad beat board somewhere got some action out of this.

Your flop play gets F--
Old 11-15-2005, 06:35 AM

Not a bad pot to hit a runner runner in.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:01 AM

Button showed JT
Old 11-15-2005, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Button showed JT

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG quads full! That beats a Royal!
Old 11-15-2005, 11:52 AM

1. I dont like the cap OOP against a limp-reraiser. You're going to bloat the pot by 33%, and your hand needs to see a flop.

2. Definitely dont bet the flop. You're just going to give protection to somebody who made a big hand.

3. Played the way you did, I seriously consider folding the flop after it is raised. Calling here could be +EV, but it is pretty thin. You're getting 12:1 on the cold call, but there are problems:

- if the flop gets capped, you're really getting closer to 10:1.

- in terms of outs, I value your king and queen at zero. You have a backdoor nut flush draw, but given this board, there is also a good chance you're drawing dead, so in some instances you're laying pretty steep reverse implied odds (since you're going to pay at least 3 BBs if you make the str8 but are raised). If you hit your flush, you probably cant get maximum value from it due to the paired board and the fast action. And even if your str8 is good, somebody has big redraws against you and will suckout 25% of the time on the river.

Net net: I'm too tired right now to do the math, but the call on the flop feels very thin.

4. I would just bet the turn, but I dont feel too strongly about this. Played the way you did, you did the right thing in slowing down after the 3-bet

5. Bet the river. The diamond is a concern to anybody who was overplaying trips, but if somebody has a boat, you're going to get more with the bet-threebet line than with the checkraise line, which isolates the CO (who seems to have disappeared in the river action).