Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Help me have lucid dreams.

They sound very cool, I think it would be interesting to have lucid dreams. Where do I start?

I have Googled this, and found some guides, but they are hard to read because they are badly written.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Help me have lucid dreams.

Our lucid dream expert doesn't usually sign on until the evenings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream
Old 08-09-2005, 01:32 PM

The key to having lucid dreams is to eat a big hunk of cheese just before going to bed. Sometimes I do this on purpose because it always works. The more cheese the better, cheddar seems to work best, but there is always the danger of being stopped up for a few days, so make sure to eat lots of veggies the next day for firepower.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:35 PM

http://www.dreamviews.com/learnable.php?sid=
Old 08-09-2005, 04:42 PM

Start writing down everything you can remember about your dreams as soon as you wake up.

It's a start. It's as far as I got because I'm lazy.

The other night I did wake up from a dream and then fall back asleep right into the dream, which I thought was pretty sweet.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They sound very cool, I think it would be interesting to have lucid dreams. Where do I start?

I have Googled this, and found some guides, but they are hard to read because they are badly written.

[/ QUOTE ]

For anyone that doesnt know, usually when you dream you arent "conciously" aware of how bizarre of everything is and you just take everything for what it is. Lucid dreaming is when you "wake up" conciously inside the dream and realize everything is not real; with that you can conciously control all facets of the dream itself to whatever you want.

http://www.ld4all.com or http://www.ld4all.com/forum/ is hands down the best forum for this kind of stuff. Start off reading the beginner techniques and move up to more advanced things. Btw, I still practice lucid dreaming in fact and am able to achieve it regularly. If you need help I would gladly give you some tips.

Good luck! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2005, 06:18 PM

I only remember one lucid dream. I knew it was a dream because I was arrested and put into jail for jaywalking. It was so ridiculous that I think it helped me "wake up" in my dream. So I sexed this chick in my jail cell.

Wish I'd thought to try flying or something.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:18 PM

watch waking life.

then think about all those philosophical views proposed.

then go to the library and ask the librarian where the books on lucid dreaming are.

i here it helps to chant to yoruself before you fall asleep some sort of positive reinforcement along the lines of "im going to have a lucid dream tonight"

i had a moment of lucidity in a dream in which i lost my sunglasses and i realized i was dreaming, and pow, i had another pair. unfortunately that was it, and it was just that stupid.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
watch waking life.

then think about all those philosophical views proposed.

then go to the library and ask the librarian where the books on lucid dreaming are.

i here it helps to chant to yoruself before you fall asleep some sort of positive reinforcement along the lines of "im going to have a lucid dream tonight"

i had a moment of lucidity in a dream in which i lost my sunglasses and i realized i was dreaming, and pow, i had another pair. unfortunately that was it, and it was just that stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

That technique you explained is called MILD (Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream).

Ok, how about I just explain a very simple technique for you all to induce a lucid dream. This is a very simple technique, but it takes practice. The idea is to do reality checks throughout the day for a few weeks.

A reality check is something you do to see if you are dreaming or are still in reality. Here are some classic examples...

- In a dream, you never have exactly 5 fingers on a hand.
- In a dream, clocks and watches you see never move correctly. The hands move in strange patterns, or in digital watches, the numbers change in weird patterns.
- If you hold your nose in a dream, you can still breathe fine.
- If you turn on a light switch in a dream, nothing happens
- If you try and cross your eyes to look at your nose, it isnt there

So basically, you wanna be doing a high number of reality checks during your day. Keep looking at your hands and confirm conciously that you have exactly 5 fingers per hand. Do it everytime u goto the bathroom, or sit down on your couch/desk.

The idea is that eventually when you dream, you will dream of yourself doing a reality check purely out of habit. And once you do, you will "wake up" inside your dream because you realize something impossible just happened.

This is how I achieved my first lucid dream using special techniques; by doing reality checks over and over and using the 5 finger hand check. I was dreaming and I checked my hand for no good reason and I had literally 8 fingers on my right hand. I then "woke up" inside that dream, and said to myself, "Hey! Im in a dream!"

Oh, and btw... next time you have a lucid dream, you should try doing some fun stuff. Run around punching people in the face or ripping clothes of girls or something.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2005, 08:25 PM

thanks for the post luzion very interesitng