Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Need a vacation from Vegas!

Whew! I need a little vacation from Vegas...........

I went o-fer in tournaments.....zero prize money [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I've done well in middle limit games, but tonight I got hammered at $30/$60 - and then headed to the NL games.

NL has been good to me so far, and I stepped back up to the $10/$25 game, and here is what happened:

I get stuck about $1,500 so I'm at - $5K for the day, and finally pickup aces. I raise to $250 over three limpers, and I get one caller. The flop is 4 4 2 rainbow, and he checks. I bet $750, and he raises to $1500. I reraise what I have left (about $3500 total), and he is saying "I call" before I finish saying that I'm all in. Uh, oh. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

He shows KK, and turn and river don't hurt me, and I get to drag my best pot of the trip. However, right after this my balls fall off. I mean I can't get in another pot, my heart isn't racing, it never was, but I don't want to play anything.

I keep thinking how easy it would have been to lose that hand and have such a terrible day. Strange feeling, never had it before. I'm going home in the morning. I need a vacation from this trip. It has been much more taxing than I thought it would be.

Anybody ever experience this?

Goodnight.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Re: Need a vacation from Vegas!

every time I go.
Welcome back to CT.
I am flying out on Monday.
Staying at Bellagio.
NH
Old 06-14-2005, 08:14 AM

Jeeese I remember like 7-8 months ago your bankroll was hardly that much and you had that quest to save a few k every month for WSOP and you were playing 100 NL.

I'd experience that feeling often when I took a few stabs at 25/50 until it broke me a few months ago.

Blackjack
Old 06-14-2005, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody ever experience this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Play a limit lower than you normally do for a little while.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:06 PM

I feel like crap this morning. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I don't know whether it is just exhaustion, or a major letdown after actually getting here and not cashing in any tournaments, or just the larger games and bigger swings (whether up or down). However, I'll be home in a few hours - I'm close by in Phoenix.

I did save $185 a week for 43 weeks to make sure I had the $8,000 I'd need to enter a few events and pay expenses. When I started my WSOP Quest, I was playing mostly $2/$4 and $3/$6. I played $5/$10 for about six months, and have been playing mostly $10/$20 and $15/$30 with an occasional shot at $30/$60 since then. In NL, I moved up from $25 Party to the $100 game over those first six months, and currently play the $400 or $600, and hit the $1000 sometimes.

My wife has a good job, and it took me until March of this year to be able to say I was making more than her. However, I'm really burned out..............

We will be at Lake Tahoe in a couple weeks, then New Mexico, so I'll take three weeks off. Probably the best thing for me.

Good luck to everybody that's hitting the WSOP. I'm gonna rest, and play some $100 NL when I feel up to it. Then we'll see.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]