Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Best Comments I\'ve heard at the WSOP

Well, I'm having a great time. Didn't quite make the money in Event #2, but that's alright. I was at a table with a wonderful table coach, who stood up every few minutes to call a floorman, question a pot, a rule etc. - but as much fun as that was for three hours, he busted out.

First out at our table was sportsbetter, Jim Fiest - a very nice guy, who had mentioned he bet sports, but the table coach kept asking questions, and wanted to know if Jim went to church on Sunday - Jim said he was kind of busy on Sunday's..........

On the way to the tournament I had taken a walk around the outside of the Rio, and a well know player slammed on his breaks and stopped his Hummer in traffic to see if I wanted a ride...........it's funny, we're all the same, whether a first-place finisher or not, we are just poker players.

Toby McGuire was happy shooting the breeze about the flops, as was Chris "Jesus", and a few others.

T.J. insisted that he is the same weight he's always been (270), but he looks thinner.

Great comment from one pro to another, "Jeez, you just have an endless array of t-shirts, don't you?", as he looked into an older, white (brown) shirt...........

But the number one comment [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] This is early in the tournament today, as I am struggling to hold my own, and a new dealer pushes in. I'm relaxed, with my arms on the table, and he looks over at me and says, "You got any chips left?" - well, it was funny if you were there, with just half a dozen chips - and the rest of the table thought it was funny.

Keeping my sense of humor. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Y'all take care.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Best Comments I\'ve heard at the WSOP

Was this guy wearing a Party Poker hat, jacket zipped all the way up and sunglasses. We were about 6 tables away and could just tell he was a "coach"...

mike