Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Party NL 25 6-max, preflop play

Here's what I've sort of come up with in terms of preflop play at the Party $25 6-max games.

Raise (5xBB): (either first in or with limpers in front) AA-TT, AKs-AJs, AKo-AQo, KQs. In the blinds I will only raise AA-QQ, AKs-AQs, AKo.

Limp:
UTG/MP1: 99-22, KQo-QJo, AJo-ATo, AJs-A9s (Axs if game is passive preflop), QJs-98s, KJs-J9s, KJo, KTs.
CO/Button: Above plus A9o, KTo, QTo, JTo, 87s-54s (with limpers in front), T8s-86s (w/limpers)
SB: for 1/2 a bet with limpers, almost any two cards 6 or higher, any suited connector

How far off base am I?
Old 01-05-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Party NL 25 6-max, preflop play

Hi, Gravy.

Sorry I can't contribute, but can I get back to you on this? Seriously, over the next few weeks I'm planning to do some back-of-the-envelope stuff like this myself. Would be glad to compare notes with you when I'm done. For now, I can only say that the list you've given looks sensible to me, but I'm no expert (much more a full-ring NL player, trying to force myself to join the 6-max revolution).

Cheers,
--JTR.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Limp:
UTG/MP1: 99-22, KQo-QJo, AJo-ATo, AJs-A9s (Axs if game is passive preflop), QJs-98s, KJs-J9s, KJo, KTs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much raise with all of these, with the exception of low pocket pairs and stuff like JTs and below
Old 01-05-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I pretty much raise with all of these, with the exception of low pocket pairs and stuff like JTs and below

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh. Well, [censored].

How hard do you push with these hands when you miss postflop?

I'm sure you are killing these games but I have no idea how to adjust my postflop game from limping all those hands to raising them, and could use some advice.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:03 PM

When you limp,what do you do with a 4-5xBB raise behind you? I imagine you'd call with the small pockets looking to hit a set( if raiser has big enough stack for odds), but what about the other hands you limpin with ? Can they stand a rise from the blinds?