Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2004, 06:31 PM

Default Cris offers the wager to Paul

Hi Paul,

Just in case you haven't seen the other posts, and in case you're interested, I will challenge you to a game of Scrabble, at 3:1, for my entire current poker bankroll, namely, the $110.25 that I have at PokerStars.

If you'd like to play the game, tell me which Scrabble site you'd like to play at (I've never played Scrabble online so I have no site preference), and when, and give me your PStars screen name. If you don't have a PStars screen name, you'll need to get one, as it's probably the easiest way to transfer the money.

Once we sit down to start the game at the Scrabble site, I'll transfer the $110.25 to your PStars account. Once you get it, we can start the game. If you win, you keep the money. If I should happen to win, I'll trust you to transfer $441 -- my wager plus your three times that wager -- back to me.

This isn't a "challenge," in the sense that I won't feel offended or lose any respect for you if you decide that $110.25 just isn't worth your time. It's entirely up to you. And win or lose, I'd enjoy the game and the learning experience.

Thanks,

Cris
Old 09-30-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Cris offers the wager to Paul

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't a "challenge," in the sense that I won't feel offended or lose any respect for you if you decide that $110.25 just isn't worth your time.

[/ QUOTE ]

How could you lose any respect for me? Have you already forgotten your earlier assessments? Or were those just empty words like most of yours?

No thanks. My time has no particular value but I see no reason I'd want to play you, and I wouldn't trust you not to use computer assistance anyway.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:42 PM

Whether or not PP feels this is worth his time, I this that this is the definition of "put up" from "put up or shut up".

Next, I challenge Annie Duke to a match of Monopoly getting 2-1....(which I'd take in a heartbeat.)
Old 09-30-2004, 06:44 PM

I'm offering Candy Land at 4:1.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:45 PM

Jeez....this is becoming embarassing....
Old 09-30-2004, 06:47 PM

I challenge Shana Hiatt to a game of strip poker. She can set the odds.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:50 PM

Hi Paul,

[ QUOTE ]
No thanks. My time has no particular value but I see no reason I'd want to play you, and I wouldn't trust you not to use computer assistance anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough as to the former, though I do resent the latter as it implies that I would cheat to win. I wouldn't. And now that the wager has formally been offered and declined, we can close the topic and move on.

Cris
Old 09-30-2004, 06:52 PM

Sorry Bro but you should be a man and accept the challenge. You called her out in your original post and now you have to back it up. Actually you guys should play a race to 5 or something just to make it legit. You have no basis to prematurely accuse Chris of using computer assistance. If you get smoked then you can demand an in person match to defend your honor. You are wealthy and have no job so it wouldn't be too much to fly to Florida and enjoy the nice beaches while your at it.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:56 PM

Hi Boris,

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Bro but you should be a man and accept the challenge. You called her out in your original post and now you have to back it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's unfair. There's no manhood or honor at stake here. I expected that he would decline, and I read nothing into that demurral beyond the fact that he doesn't think he'd enjoy the game. Okay, that's cool. I simply wanted to formally offer the wager. Don't make more of it than it is.

Cris
Old 09-30-2004, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no manhood or honor at stake here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there is.