Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: WSOP final table hand

I saw this hand on the ferguson in the cooler commercial, and before they even went to Chris, I said "reraise all in".

If he caught a king, you are toast, but if not you are solidly ahead.

Congrats though!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:23 AM

with your M at only around 6, you needed to push pre-flop. It looks like a premium hand, probably more premium than it really is since it's UTG and the final table at the WSOP; it would've bought you the blinds. plus, as you saw, when he came at you on the flop it put you in a delicate position because you had already committed a quarter of your chips. and now if you fold you're really going to be in push or fold mode, and hoping for a premium hand like this one.

The flop check makes you look scared of the K but a continuation bet would've needed to be all-in. You need a better hand to call an all-in than to go all-in so I would've liked a continuation push.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:28 AM

I'm all in pre flop. I'm UTG so this looks like a standard 'last stand' all in before the BB comes round and starts to eat me. Hopefully an opponent will look me up with a weaker holding than normal, sensing desperation.
If I hadn't moved in pre flop there is no way I can fold any flop. Even if it came AKx, the chances of them having a lower pair rather than an A or K is good compared to the odds being offered and my lack of chips. Lets not talk about the pressure I would be under at the time and how that might affect my judgement!
Old 11-23-2005, 12:37 AM

Thanks for all the comments on this hand guys. I kind of knew I was making a mistake when I folded, but maybe the stakes got in my head and I didn't want to go out drawing to a 2 outer, and given my stack size at that point thought I could steal blinds up to a similar position. Also, irrational or not I could see Tex just calling my raise here with AK so I put that in his hand range.

With about 12 people left the day before, I lost about 1/3 of my stack on a similar play when I raised preflop with JJ, Black calls in the blind, flop comes Kxx and he ends up showing down KJ. Maybe this was in my head too.

When I saw Tex at the Borgata, I told him i was going to look like a donkey on a hand against him on TV, and he said he didnt remember the hand (I believe him) and said he might have had AK. I said no you didnt, and he goes yeh I might not have had a K, and i said yeh no [censored]. oh well