Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Cleaning poker skins off your computer

Man,

I had my computer wiped clean of all programs a little while ago. I decided to check out Party Poker's software again, you know, just to see if it was as objectionable as when I looked at last. It's been 6 months or so. So I loaded it into a folder that had a bunch of unimportant word and powerpoint stuff in it. Yep, it still sucks bad enough that I won't deposit with them. I went into the "add/remove programs" dropdown and uninstalled it. Well, I expected the party stuff to be gone, but so was everything else in that folder! I feel fortunate to not have lost anything important. So I reboot my computer and open up IE and click the tools dropdown and there is PartyPoker staring me in the face. I click it and it pops up an error message--"cannot find the file..." Hmmmm. I go to start, run, regedit, edit and search "PartyPoker". A bunch of stuff comes up and I delete it. I re-search it and regedit doesn't find anything. I re-boot and the IE Tools dropdown still has PartyPoker there. Does anybody know how to get rid of it? I successfully deleted it less than a month ago and don't know where to go from here.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Cleaning poker skins off your computer

You installed poker software in a folder in which you had other stuff? That is bordering on criminally stupid...