Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 04:37 PM

Default Good, Fair, Horrible?

Paradise Poker 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop: (12 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (12 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between SB, BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (12 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Qc 7c (one pair, sevens).
BB shows Qs Jc (one pair, jacks).
Hero shows Ks Ad (two pair, aces and kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 12 BB. </font>

Paradise Poker 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks,

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 18 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18 BB, between MP3 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 (18 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP3 shows Ah Jc (three of a kind, jacks).
Hero shows 8d Kh (two pair, kings and jacks).
Outcome: MP3 wins 18 BB. </font>
Old 06-22-2004, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Good, Fair, Horrible?

Hand one I'd be scared of a set or the straight, but I aint going anywhere with this hand yet. I would have at least bet the river, maybe the turn too, but I wouldnt be suprised to run into a checkraise.

Hand two I'd most likely fold preflop. Flop is fine, but I think you were too aggressive on the turn. Villian might have just waited with his trip jacks until the turn to extract some BBs. It's not a strong read though, he could have 9x or 99 or he could just be really aggressive. It's a large pot so the call down was good, I'm just not sure about raising the turn with your marginal hand.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand one I'd be scared of a set or the straight, but I aint going anywhere with this hand yet. I would have at least bet the river, maybe the turn too, but I wouldnt be suprised to run into a checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

The set is very unlikely because no one 3-bet PF. The straight is possible if the players are horrible and called a PF raise with Q10, but do you think a typical micro limit player is going to cap the flop with a flopped nut straight? I think you'd more likely see them smooth call and raise the turn.

Just my opinion.

-secada
Old 06-22-2004, 05:06 PM

hand 1-bet the turn, if you are raised you can check/call.

hand 2-fold PF. see the other discussion currently going on about playing from the SB.

-secada
Old 06-22-2004, 05:13 PM

Hey Secada,
This complete is a little different than the other one in discussion. Hero is getting 17:1 for his complete here. I would complete w/72o for those odds.

-Jaran
Old 06-22-2004, 11:29 PM

If this is a correct play I am just not seeing how this is a +EV play. I understand it's only half a small bet but how do you play this when you flop a K?

-secada
Old 06-23-2004, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...but how do you play this when you flop a K?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very carefully. (sorry, had to) You are really looking for a miracle flop. If you don't get it, you can fold and be done with it. If you hit, you get paid off huge. When a K flops, I tend to bet out and test the waters. Others suggest checkraising (prolly superior). Either way, I'm treading lightly. I have no problem checking the turn after leading the flop, especially if there are a lot of callers. If my bet folds it down to one or two, I might fire again.

-Jaran
Old 06-22-2004, 05:11 PM

Hey Sneezy,
Hand 1- OMG, did you forget where the bet button went? PF and flop were nice, then you suddenly stopped. Why? Bet the turn and hope someone raises so you can 3bet. Bet the river

Hand 2- I'd like to say I would fold to the 3bet, but I prolly play it the same as you. FYI, the typical party line w/trips is to wait until the turn to pop 'em

-Jaran
Old 06-22-2004, 05:15 PM

Hand 1- Horrible.

If you're out of position, then yeah, after the capped pot preflop you might check, but once it's checked TO you, bet. Even if you didn't bet the turn, once it was checked to you on the river you HAVE to bet.

Hands that beat you here QT, AA, KK, and JJ. AA and KK are very unlikely, given that most of them are in play. QT and JJ probably don't check to you on the turn.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:17 PM

Hand 2- Slow down. I'm not sure I like your c/r here or your turn raise. I think MP3 told you he had a jack when he bet into you on the turn.