Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Iran

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In addition the united states is the only nation to have violently used nuclear weapons. We are not in the clear just because we are 'the good guys'. We must apply stringent standards of moral behaviour to ourselves as well as to 'terrorist states'.

[/ QUOTE ]
You think? Yeah, we used them. And in all the conflicts we've been in since, we've never used them. Weatherman's comment previously about us dropping the atomic bombs "without batting an eye" is just plain wrong. There have been many eyes batted then and since about whether to drop the bombs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course we havent used them since. Every major conflict we have been in since WWII there has been another government that could nuke us back, thus rendering th e nuke to little more than show.

What i ment about batting an eye is that no one has called for the only nation who has proven their will to use nukes offensivly to drop their nuclear program.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off they seek to destroy the government, not outright genocide. This makes them no different than the US giving Saddam a 24 hour ultimatum.

[/ QUOTE ]
If there threats are the same as the ultimatum we gave Saddam then Israel definitely has the right to blow up anything nuclear in Iran. Just as if I tell you I'm going to punch you in the face and start winding up, you don't have to wait till I hit you to fight back.

[ QUOTE ]
As I have already mentioned the Us has sponsored terrorism in numerous theaters and so Iran is once again no different.

[/ QUOTE ]
This does not help back up your claim that Iran is not rational making such threats.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course we havent used them since. Every major conflict we have been in since WWII there has been another government that could nuke us back, thus rendering th e nuke to little more than show.

[/ QUOTE ]
We have not yet fought a nuclear power in any conflict, let alone a major one, at least not that I know of. Are you living in some parallel universe (Korea/Vietnam don't count because neither had the bomb).

[ QUOTE ]
What i ment about batting an eye is that no one has called for the only nation who has proven their will to use nukes offensivly to drop their nuclear program.

[/ QUOTE ]
Define no one.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First off they seek to destroy the government, not outright genocide. This makes them no different than the US giving Saddam a 24 hour ultimatum.

[/ QUOTE ]
If there threats are the same as the ultimatum we gave Saddam then Israel definitely has the right to blow up anything nuclear in Iran. Just as if I tell you I'm going to punch you in the face and start winding up, you don't have to wait till I hit you to fight back.

[ QUOTE ]
As I have already mentioned the Us has sponsored terrorism in numerous theaters and so Iran is once again no different.

[/ QUOTE ]
This does not help back up your claim that Iran is not rational making such threats.

[/ QUOTE ]

If everything that you say makes iran an irrational actor has been done by the Us why are we allowed to have nuclear weapons and they are not?. That is the point I've been trying to get you to answer.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If everything that you say makes iran an irrational actor has been done by the Us why are we allowed to have nuclear weapons and they are not?. That is the point I've been trying to get you to answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to respond to you one more time and then not since you have correctly been identified as trolling IMO.

It doesn't matter what happened in the 50s during the cold war. What matters is now. And now Iran is an irrational actor, and if you insist on an *if* here again regarding Iran, then you clearly are trolling or just being a propagandist. An irrational actor which Iran has made themselves does not deserve to, nor should they be allowed to, possess nuclear weapons.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If everything that you say makes iran an irrational actor has been done by the Us why are we allowed to have nuclear weapons and they are not?.

[/ QUOTE ]
We haven't called for a country to be wiped off the map. And it has more to do with just the government. Iran's prez wants the Jews out of the middle east. This is the difference between the ultimatum given to Saddam and Iran's statements. We weren't also calling for the Iraqi people to leave Iraq.

Besides, we already have them. Who's going to take them away?
Old 12-10-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to respond to you one more time and then not since you have correctly been identified as trolling IMO.

It doesn't matter what happened in the 50s during the cold war. What matters is now. And now Iran is an irrational actor, and if you insist on an *if* here again regarding Iran, then you clearly are trolling or just being a propagandist. An irrational actor which Iran has made themselves does not deserve to, nor should they be allowed to, possess nuclear weapons.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so thick headed. This is not trolling.

You cannot define anything that makes Ian any more "irrational" than the US or anyother western power. When you do then you may have a point.

As an example, North Korea is a much different matter. There is a clear case for the irrationality of the North Korean government. THE SAME CANNOT BE SAID FOR IRAN.

Since Iran is not a clearly irrational actor then they have every right to pursue a nuclear power system and a nuclear arsenal.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a clear case for the irrationality of the North Korean government. THE SAME CANNOT BE SAID FOR IRAN.

Since Iran is not a clearly irrational actor then they have every right to pursue a nuclear power system and a nuclear arsenal.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the last words I am wasting on you.

Maybe you aren't trolling and just are incapable of logical thought processes evidenced by the following:

1. Iran threatens to "wipe Israel off the map" and also supports terrorism against them.

2. Yet they aren't an irrational actor.

GET A GRIP!
Old 12-10-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a clear case for the irrationality of the North Korean government. THE SAME CANNOT BE SAID FOR IRAN.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the last words I am wasting on you.

Maybe you aren't trolling and just are incapable of logical thought processes evidenced by the following:

1. Iran threatens to "wipe Israel off the map" and also supports terrorism against them.

2. Yet they aren't an irrational actor.

GET A GRIP!

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been shown that supporting terrorism DOES NOT MAKE A NATION IRRATIONAL. Unless you are willin g to admit that the US is an irrational actor.

Calling for the destruction of a nation and following through are two different things. China still claims taiwan as there own and makes threats but as of yet does nothing about it. They are on the UN Security concil. Obviously regarded as rational.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
We have not yet fought a nuclear power in any conflict, let alone a major one, at least not that I know of. Are you living in some parallel universe (Korea/Vietnam don't count because neither had the bomb).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Define no one.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cold war conflicts mostly had a US vs. USSR undertone. The US had nukes, so did the USSR. Hence there is a behind teh seens power struggle. I'm sure you know all this and so I'm not going to explain it further.

There has been no international pressure placed agianst the US to abandon any nuclear programs, even though we are the only nation in the history of the planet earth who has used a nuclear weapon on forgien soil. Im not sure what your gettingat with the "defien no one" bit, but I hopethis helps.