Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-10-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Curtains Hand #4 (Degen)

SB was quite loose and pretty much of a donkey. He showed several hands that were uncalled (further adding to the donk theory).

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB (t5175)
Hero (t830)
UTG (t850)
MP (t1500)
CO (t855)
Button (t790)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t100</font>, Hero calls t50.

Flop: (t200) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t900</font>, Hero ???
Old 12-10-2005, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Curtains Hand #4 (Degen)

Looks like A7o enough of the time here to call.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:04 AM

SB has a nice stack for this stage of the tourney. He MUST be a donkey.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:21 AM

maybe im a coward, but i never like my chances with an ugly pair no draw for an allin on a small pot :/
Old 12-10-2005, 07:21 AM

My gut reaction was to fold. But with both the straight and flush draws out there, I agree with the others in calling.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:39 AM

I think if you're gonna call PF, you have to make this call on the flop. I guess. I don't really like it. You're either behind or he has at least 6 outs. That's why I would have folded PF against a player like this who won't play extremely straightfowardly post flop.

moses
Old 12-10-2005, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if you're gonna call PF, you have to make this call on the flop. I guess. I don't really like it. You're either behind or he has at least 6 outs. That's why I would have folded PF against a player like this who won't play extremely straightfowardly post flop.

moses

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the call PF against a guy like this. The implied odds are there for sure.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:46 AM

Yeah, maybe you're right. The more I think about maybe its not a bad PF call, even if you fold every time you don't flop a Q or better. But I wouldn't have called in this spot. And as I am about to play a session, I don't plan to call in this spot going forward. So I guess that's how I really feel. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

moses
Old 12-10-2005, 12:59 PM

He could be bluffing, but I wont consider it a good spot. If it is the kind of player who doesn't play postflop he could be pushing a small/medium pp, A high or a A5. they don't want to make a decision when a scarry card hits. I hate to make them right if I call and I'm beat.

You didn't play Q4 to spike a four or a Q with no kicker. You gave it a shot, it was cheap to do so. You want to go against those players with some kind of value, you know you'll be payed off.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:20 PM

What kind of donkey is this guy? the kind that check/call down middle pair, or the kind that push allin with 9 high on the flop?