Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: scared of a lucky dood?

Pretend to be the lucky guy? Hahahah.....

Yeah next time I play live I'm gonna pretend to make all my draws and hit miracle 2 outers for very big pots. While I go through this charade for the purpose of scaring people out of pots with me I might as well step up to 10-25NL at foxwoods...might as well profit as much as possible while I'm earning my lucky reputation
Old 10-24-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think everyone missed my point.
i m not scared of a lucky guy.
i m saying people are, so if i pretend to be lucky, then maybe i can pick up more pots, so therefore i can make more money.

whats with the hating? i m not asking how to beat a lucky guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm.. lets think about this. You "pretend" to be lucky to "scare" other people so you can "pick up more pots". If you do ever accomplish to do this, which any non-idiot would fall for, what are you REALLY doing? Your scaring everyone away with marginal hands, making the table tighter, and taking money out of your own pocket!!!

If it is me, I'd state that I am the unluckiest person in the world and just lost 6 straight hands when my boats where trumped by rivered straight flushes.

You should be playing TAG with your premium hands and WANTING the fish to stay around!

Why on earth would you WANT to scare any of them away from paying you more?

Oh, I see.... you don't like money!
Old 10-24-2005, 12:50 AM

If the posts in this forum are any indication of the quality of players that frequent B&M cardrooms, maybe I should play live more.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the posts in this forum are any indication of the quality of players that frequent B&M cardrooms, maybe I should play live more.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are, and you should. Unless of course you play in Atlantic City. We don't need any more good players. We have enough.

-Yarney
Old 10-24-2005, 06:43 AM

dONT FORGET TO ADD i believe in luck and any two cards can win at poker
Old 10-24-2005, 06:57 AM

so no one considers picking up more pots= money?
of course you dont want to scare people away when you have hands, but then it is easier to keep people in the pot when you have a monster than just pick up random pots when you flop nothing.

and there is basiclaly no effort in it when you apply it. all you have to do is every couple hands say OMG I FLOP DIS, OMG I FLOP DAT. good people would think you are a loose donkey and believe in luck, so you can take their money when they under estimate your skill.
bad players will believe you r lucky today and fold to your bet/raise when u dun have the nuts.

okay duh i know this doesnt work against good players, but how many good people there is in a table? maybe in higher stakes, but there are a lot of novices in 2/5NL, so yes, i m not taklin about how to beat good people.

how can this be a bad idea? will it cost you money if it doesnt success? no, but it will make you money if it works. so i dont know what is everyone targettin at me for.

anyway, since no one says its a good idea then maybe it is not, but maybe you guys can consider to be nicer next time when someone is trying to contribute.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretend to be the lucky guy? Hahahah.....

Yeah next time I play live I'm gonna pretend to make all my draws and hit miracle 2 outers for very big pots. While I go through this charade for the purpose of scaring people out of pots with me I might as well step up to 10-25NL at foxwoods...might as well profit as much as possible while I'm earning my lucky reputation

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, that's brilliant!! I knew this poker thing would eventually pay off. Perhaps the OP should write a book and call it "Pretend You're Lucky!"

And he wonders why I call his post retarded.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so no one considers picking up more pots= money?
of course you dont want to scare people away when you have hands, but then it is easier to keep people in the pot when you have a monster than just pick up random pots when you flop nothing.

and there is basiclaly no effort in it when you apply it. all you have to do is every couple hands say OMG I FLOP DIS, OMG I FLOP DAT. good people would think you are a loose donkey and believe in luck, so you can take their money when they under estimate your skill.
bad players will believe you r lucky today and fold to your bet/raise when u dun have the nuts.

okay duh i know this doesnt work against good players, but how many good people there is in a table? maybe in higher stakes, but there are a lot of novices in 2/5NL, so yes, i m not taklin about how to beat good people.

how can this be a bad idea? will it cost you money if it doesnt success? no, but it will make you money if it works. so i dont know what is everyone targettin at me for.

anyway, since no one says its a good idea then maybe it is not, but maybe you guys can consider to be nicer next time when someone is trying to contribute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said - write a book. Wait, I have a new title in mind:

POKER FOR RETARDS
Old 10-24-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so i m thinking, should i start claiming that i m very lucky too? so i can scare other players and pick up more pots?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Your goal is NOT to win as many pots as possible; it is to win as many bets as possible.
2. Claiming you are lucky is not the same actually running lucky for a short period of time.
3. Don't force your image; let your image develop, understand it, and take advantage of it until it changes.
4. It's hard to tell if this player is good or if she is just running really well right now. Just because you are ahead in the pot doesn't mean that you will take it down. Unless you are 100% to win the pot, there is some chance that you will lose. Determine how this player is actually playing. If she is calling with insufficient odds and then only raising with two pair or better, then adjust accordingly...
Old 10-24-2005, 01:51 PM

Luck is a fallacy developed to aid the small minded in understanding difficult concepts like probability.

Oh... and human perception is also skewed to only see what you want - like Mr. Lucky always hitting his hands.
Closed Thread