Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 03:36 AM

Default My story about party poker

Hi my name is Sarah and for the past 6 months Ive been playing as Idahaddatpot on party poker. I am not the kind to make many posts in forums but I think this is something that players at party poker would like to know. It all started by winning the weekly leader board around the middle of july so I got to play the heads up clash of the titans tournament for $1,000. So I ended up winning and the $1,000 was directly put into my account after the tournament was over. So the next week I won it again and it wasnt directly put into my account so I called them and they said the money would be put into my account and a few days went by and it was. So skip to August 17th. When I checked my account I saw that $1,000 was missing so later that night about 10 hours later I called them. They said they had credited my account too many times and as I was explaining what I thought the problem was they took another $500 as I was on the phone with them!!! I asked why this happened and all they said was we credited your account too much. Each time I asked for an explaination they would refer back to the time they had sent the $1,000 to my account and I would ask well why did you take $1,500 and thier responce was we credited you too much for july leader board ( which pays $1,500). So anyways after about 5 phone calls and 3 hours on the phone I was finally told the $1,500 would be returned to my account within 48 hours. Well it wasnt and when I called to ask why they said they wouldnt be able to return the money to my account. So after another 2 hours on the phone getting the run around I asked them to take a look at my cashier after I had cashed out all of my money and told them, I make you $1,500 a day in rake and you take $1,500 out of my account that shouldnt have been taken out thats pretty stupid. I told them I wouldnt play another hand until the $1,500 was returned to my account and hung up. They called back 5 minutes later and said although they wouldnt be able to return the $1,500 but they would like to pay me $50 for my troubles. I said no thanks and told them enjoy the $1,500.
Does anyone know how anyone could be that stupid? Even if they had credited my account an extra $1,500 Its still pretty stupid to take it out a month later. I made around $25,000 a month in rake for them, just doesnt make much sense.
Thanks, Sarah
Old 08-20-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: My story about party poker

You pay a lot of rake.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:00 AM

Thats very odd (although not that odd since they have some of worst cust service I have ever experienced)
I cant believe you had to spend at least 6 hours total on the phone with customer "service".
You might want to contact the fair gaming commission about this matter ( i have never talked to them previously and I dont know the link, but you can always google it until you find it)
That might work.
Im sure more experienced posters could help you out much better, but this could be a start until they start inputting.

GOOD LUCK on this...
-KKbluff
Old 08-20-2005, 04:47 AM

congrats on all the clash of the titans appearences, and sry to hear about the money disappearing.

And wow, $50 seems like such a slap in the face, they're obviously not paying attention to your case, and the "add $50" is just a generic response. Wait a couple weeks and when they realize the rake they are missing that you generate, I'm sure you'll get an e-mail concerning it.

The best thing you can do is make sure you continue boycotting their site, and keep firing in e-mails to them, eventually they'll understand their mistake.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:12 AM

Yeah I am hoping they end up putting the $1,500 back in my account but theres no way I can keep playing there after that until they do. Its just mind boggling that Im even having this problem in the first place. Its already cost them double what they took but Im sure my $25k a month in rake isnt going to hurt them any so I dont see them fixing the problem.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:20 AM

im sorry to say that i doube your money will be returned. although 25k/m is alot from a single person, they receive MILLIONS of rakes each day. they wont care to much about having 25k less per month. they wont even notice it. we are all tools to them. easily replaceable. but are you going to play in empire or other skins instead, or boycott party and skins altogether. i think it will be very -ev to boycott all the skins also. take it out on the other players. they are not returning your 1500 which i thought was just terrible and am actually scared about my money now... lol. i mean if they take all my money from me, i cannot do [censored]!! and what limits do you play anyway?what i would do in your case? keep calling them and get them as annoyed as possible. you have nothing to lose. but make sure you withdraw your money from remaining money first.then i would just make an account in another skin using another email and play there.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:35 AM

Yeah that was pretty much what I was thinking seeing as I mostly play the $215's and $430's sit n goes. But I wont be going back unless they return the $1,500. I have had a great run at paradise poker over the last 3 days and Im having fun sitting in a couple of the cash games and playing the $325 sng's. But as for changing skins not going to do that because I dont want them making another nickle from me. Thats the only way to stop things like this. And if stopping them from making $300,000 dollars from me a year and I lose a little EV from it then that makes me feel great.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:54 AM

Wow I hope you have rakeback. Also.. ive noticed your name in some nice placings on MTTs... you have had some success in those too i presume? Nice job anyway and sorry to hear about your luck.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:05 PM

If what you said is true you have a clear cut case. I don't think threatening to leave is a good idea because 1. they don't care 2. it's your loss if you leave. Plus, the fact you are a high volume player has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they should return the money to you.

It's your money you've got to get it back.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if they had credited my account an extra $1,500 Its still pretty stupid to take it out a month later. Thanks, Sarah

[/ QUOTE ]

So did they credit you $1500 too much or not?
If not, dont give up!

If so they do have a right to take it back a month later.