Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Update

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you getting all offensive? Alcohol is good for 3 things.
1. Get wasted.
2. Get laid.
3. You collect rare and expensive bottles of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you're getting pretentious and snooty to the OP when these are your only reasons for drinking.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are buying expensive alcohol if you don't know sh!t about it? I don't know anything about wine and I wouldn't spend more than $30 on it unless I was getting laid.

[/ QUOTE ] Ridiculous. Just because he's not an expert, he should get crap? Should a guy who has never been laid only go for an ugly chick because he doesn't know whats going on? Reeediculous thought process. If op has the $, go for the gold.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: How to drink Johnny Walker Blue

I'm a single ice cube guy myslef. If I can make a recommendation, The Balvenie Doublewood 12 year is excellent.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:05 PM

For scotch and bourbon I like to drink it out of a slightly chilled glass or with one ice cube. I like it to be a little below standard room temp of 72 degrees. Smoking a premium cigar is also recommended.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recently bought myself a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue. It is, IMO, perfect neat-it is smooth enough that, unless you are totally uncomfortable with scotch in general (in which case you shouldn't have bought it anyway), you should be able to enjoy it without ice.
My roommate, who is a giant alcoholic and scotch aficiando, scoffed when I offered him ice with his glass of Blue Label. It seems like such a waste to take an enjoyable and not harsh drink and dilute it for no real reason.
P.S. How much did you pay for your bottle? I got mine for $180 but I've heard that some places they for for as much as $300. This strikes me as ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

My local liquor store had it for $159, I didn't shop around at all but from your post it sounds like that was an ok price.

- Jags
Old 12-18-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Get wasted.
2. Get laid.

If you want to get laid, it's understandable. If you want to get wasted, why are you buying expensive alcohol? Being drunk is being drunk whether it costs $20 or $200. You obviously are not a connoisseur. If you just wanted to try it out, there are bars that you can buy 1 drink to see how it is. But it says a lot if you have ask online how to drink a type of alcohol AFTER you paid for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably grow up.

Tony
Old 12-18-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Get wasted.
2. Get laid.

If you want to get laid, it's understandable. If you want to get wasted, why are you buying expensive alcohol? Being drunk is being drunk whether it costs $20 or $200. You obviously are not a connoisseur. If you just wanted to try it out, there are bars that you can buy 1 drink to see how it is. But it says a lot if you have ask online how to drink a type of alcohol AFTER you paid for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably grow up.

Tony

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony, the guys comes off like a douche here, but after I thought about it, I tend to agree with him. If he wants a good bottle thats fine, but why? I personally dont like scotch, and am not adept at knowing what I like, so I would never buy an expensive bottle, unless it was to compare and contrast good/bad drinks. Now bourbon is a different story. But, I kind of agree, liquor is good for tasting if you KNOW what you like, or getting drunk. Obv by his first by the OP he doesn tknow what he likes
Old 12-18-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
neat baby, neat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-18-2005, 04:00 PM

WTF? The alcohol elitism in this thread is hilarious. So what if the OP asks a basic question?

Did all of you come to 2+2 with an inherent expertise in poker, or did you come here to learn because you were intrigued by the game and DIDNT KNOW SH*T?

Now its time for me to get elitist on you all. Walker Blue, IIRC, is a vatted malt, meaning its not technically a blend. It is a combination of single malts, mixed together. A "blended scotch" is about 50 percent single malt, and 50 percent rye or grain whisky. Thus, JW Blue is comprised of only single malt. SO, for anyone that said youd drink a single malt neat, but would add ice to Blue, youve just been pwned.

Another thing, who cares what someone wants to do with their own drink. I wouldnt even flinch if some dude bought a 10,000 dollar scotch and mixed it with Sunny Delight. To each his own.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? The alcohol elitism in this thread is hilarious. So what if the OP asks a basic question?

Did all of you come to 2+2 with an inherent expertise in poker, or did you come here to learn because you were intrigued by the game and DIDNT KNOW SH*T?

Now its time for me to get elitist on you all. Walker Blue, IIRC, is a vatted malt, meaning its not technically a blend. It is a combination of single malts, mixed together. A "blended scotch" is about 50 percent single malt, and 50 percent rye or grain whisky. Thus, JW Blue is comprised of only single malt. SO, for anyone that said youd drink a single malt neat, but would add ice to Blue, youve just been pwned.

Another thing, who cares what someone wants to do with their own drink. I wouldnt even flinch if some dude bought a 10,000 dollar scotch and mixed it with Sunny Delight. To each his own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a waste of money. All around. Its not elitism, its being smart. I mean seriously, why waste 1.99$ on Sunny D, its trash.