Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-07-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Caesar\'s Las Vegas ?

Mirroring mirage has some very good potential to get a decent spread of limits, particularly as far as hold'em goes. Mirroring mirage probably has better potential than mirroring wynn or bellagio.

As far as stud (or stud-8) and omaha (8, limit, pot limit or whatever), I'll believe it when I see it. I'd sure love to play stud and stud-8 live again (never cared much for omaha in any form), but I'm not holding my breath, not even for a big joint like caesars.

al
Old 12-07-2005, 04:22 PM

"As far as stud (or stud-8) and omaha (8, limit, pot limit or whatever), I'll believe it when I see it. I'd sure love to play stud and stud-8 live again (never cared much for omaha in any form), but I'm not holding my breath, not even for a big joint like caesars."

My feelings exactly.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:51 AM

New stuff from Allvegaspoker. Allvegaspoker link

Insider Information: Details of New Poker Room at Caesars Palace Las Vegas.
Opening December 21st, Caesars Palace promises to debut one of the largest and most sophisticated poker rooms in Las Vegas. All Vegas Poker brings you the details.

Date: 12/09/05
Room: General News
Summary: Opening December 21st, Caesars Palace promises to debut one of the largest and most sophisticated poker rooms in Las Vegas. All Vegas Poker brings you the details.

Content: Caesars Palace is opening its new poker room on December 21st, and its manager, Michael Matts, has generously shared tons of inside information with All Vegas Poker.

The first thing you need to know is the new poker room at Caesars Palace is enormous! Measuring more than 14,000 square feet in total, it is by far the largest poker room on the Las Vegas strip. It is twice the size of the 7,000 square foot poker room at Bellagio 1, and almost four times the size of the 4,000 square foot MGM poker room 2.

One reason that the new poker room at Caesars Palace is so huge is because it is divided into two sections. There is a 30-table “live” poker area, and a separate 33-table “tournament” poker area. I like that this distinction was made.

The information I received indicates that Caesars Palace is serious about its poker tournaments too. There are already 24 weekly poker tournaments scheduled with buy-ins ranging from $60 to $1,060. That is an extraordinarily wide range of tournament offerings by Vegas standards. The poker room should be more than large enough to attract some wild tournament action.

Here are the facts:

Main (“live”) Poker Area:

* 8500 square feet.
* 30 tables set in an elegant, comfortable poker playing environment.
* Elevated, private VIP high-limit poker area.
* Spreading limit Texas Hold’em, No-Limit Texas Hold’em, Omaha w/Hi-Low, Stud w/High Low, and Lowball.
* Limit Hold’em games include: $3/6, $6/12, $10/20, $20/40 and up.
* 14 plasma televisions for comfortable sports and entertainment viewing.
* Multi-window cage with safety deposit box access.
* Call-ins accepted for hotel guests.
* Tableside food service available.

Tournament Poker Area:

* 6,050 square feet dedicated only to tournament poker.
* Full schedule of 24 poker tournaments every week, with buy-ins ranging from $60 to $1,060.
* Home of the 2006 National Heads-Up Poker Championship, won last year by Phil Hellmuth.
* Host of the World Series of Poker Circuit on April 3-14, 2006.
* 24-hour Sit-and-Go’s tournaments. Single or multi table, with a wide range of buy-ins.
* Winners of any Caesars daily or evening tournament can use winnings to purchase a seat in any 2006 WSOP or WSOP Circuit event.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:01 AM

The option for 24/7 sit-n-gos already makes it a leader in my book without it even being open yet.