Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Accused wrongly of cheating

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im thinking the best way might be to confront them in the bar on a saturday afternoon in full view of everyone and calling them welchers for not paying their fair gambling debts. 'I didnt think I was joining a club of welchers'.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a fantastic idea. You get my vote [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-02-2005, 11:03 PM

As I see it the problem is that you care. If you stop caring, it doesn't matter. Go to the club with your friends, be nice to anyone who is nice to you and ignore the rest.

I would also continue to compete with anyone willing to play with you but make it a point to refuse to play for money.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:54 AM

offer them a game of NLHE with an impartial dealer?
Old 08-03-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im thinking the best way might be to confront them in the bar on a saturday afternoon in full view of everyone and calling them welchers for not paying their fair gambling debts. 'I didnt think I was joining a club of welchers'.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a fantastic idea. You get my vote [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a risky proposition, and the reaction to this would depend heavily on the reaction of a few important people within the club. 4 2 it had the smartest idea - if you can, get a respected member to become someone you hang out with and learn things from. Ask them what to do about your situation, and whether the club wants you to be there.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:49 AM

You hurt the little boys pride and now their all jealous. Honestly, these guys need to grow up. Forget about them.

Where you went wrong was winning everything at the start. You should have missed some shots at pool, let them win at poker. They assume the position of top dogs at this club, and then you come along as a young upstart and show them who the real winner is. This is obviously going to immensely hurt the ego of these top cats.

The damage is done, I dont see anyway back.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:11 AM

Stop gambling at the club but keep going. They will get over it eventually if they like you personally.

If they just wanted to beat you at gambling then you might as well leave and be happy that you won.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"I thought we were all good Irishmen here, but you lot are a pair of bloody Welshers!"
Old 08-03-2005, 10:21 AM

While the golf course and other amenities are probably wonderful, it sure doesn't sound like the patrons are. If it's only those two, then just ignore them. If it's the majority of folks there, I certainly would rethink how much I am going to enjoy that place and would probably just leave if there was no improvement after giving it a reasonable amount of time for things to cool down.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:37 PM

Whoop them at every game they play, win all their money and buy the club with your winnings.This will earn you the respect you deserve.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:53 PM

Dude I don't know what to tell you. That sucks straight up. It's terrible when you find a cool place to chill and it gets screwed up by assholes. Sounds like you took those lassies egos for a ride and they didn't like it.

I am not a golfer nor can I stand the sport so forgive my ignorance when I ask you this. But why can't you keep playing there and just don't have anything to do with those bitches, other than running them over occasionaly with that cool little golf cart. I mean who cares what they think really? Play your golf, get your drink on and chill. As far as getting your money back you might as well kiss that goodbye. Even if you made an announcement in front of everyone, those blokes have cred there and most of the members would probably take their side, and tell you to shut the [censored] up.