Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 06-29-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Gamesgrid poker 1000% bonus WTF, anyone done it?

I saw the the add for gamesgrid pokers 1000% up to $5000 and Im wondering if anyones done it yet. It seems like it would take forever but 1000% is some bonus. Seems a little too good to be true. Holla
Old 06-29-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Gamesgrid poker 1000% bonus WTF, anyone done it?

Try this!
Old 06-29-2005, 01:43 PM

It must that time of the hour again, because it's another post about GamesGrid and their bonus!
Old 06-29-2005, 03:02 PM

It releases as you play. It is real. It is mediocre as far as bonuses go.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:15 PM

Yea, there VFP program is where the money is. Make sure to sign up for that.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:25 PM

Mediocre is a kind assessment. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

It's about the worst "pure" bonus around on it's own. Combined with the VFP program it's good for 2/4 limit and up. Less than 2/4 it's probably not worth it.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:06 PM

its not the fastest bonus around...but its meant more to draw and keep players at their site rather than have a bunch of hit and run bonus whores. Personally i love the site and wish more people would make the jump
Old 06-30-2005, 02:31 PM

Yea been playing there a couple of months. Trying to clear the bonus at about $400 per month but running a little short. Hope to catch up when there are more players
Old 06-30-2005, 04:07 PM

Why would GG bonuses be meant to draw and keep players at its site? I'm not sure I understand that at all. Sure, you can get $5,000 in bonus from GG in a 12 month period, but you can get at least double that by playing other sites in the same time frame.

If the bonus doesn't keep people around, then something else has to entice people to stay. That something is usually a nice selection of fishy games (see Party) or good tournaments (see Stars). And right now GG doesn't have that going for them. Most players just are not interested in playing games where the average pot size hovers around 4 big bets and being offered puny bonuses at the same time.

They really need to increase the bonus clearing rate to keep people and increase the player base. Word travels fast about good bonuses. If GG provided a better bonus, that would help things a lot. And increasing the VFP benefits back to 3x from 1.5x the BB wouldn't hurt, either. They lost some folks over that one, some I personally know.

If someone wants to earn bonuses while playing, why would they choose GG over other sites? Here's some bonus clearing per table hour rate estimates by site, comparing GG to the big four sites (I got the GG numbers from my time playing there and the other sites numbers from another website):

1/2 Limit: GG (bonus only) $1.50, GG (bonus + VFP) $3.00, Party and Skins $9.90, Poker Stars $5.51, Ultimate Bet $2.87, Paradise Poker $4.95

2/4 Limit: GG (bonus only) $3.00, GG (bonus + VFP) $6.00, Party and Skins $7.81, Poker Stars $7.81, Ultimate Bet $4.51, Paradise Poker $3.91

There's a lot of 1/2 players around. There's no reason for them to want to play at GG given the numbers above. Once you get to 2/4 and above, the bonus + VFP relative to other sites improves, but you can find more profitable games elsewhere.

Until they provide more incentive for players to jump to their site, you'll be playing against the same 20-30 players for a while...