Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-29-2005, 02:18 AM

Default 2001FP and VGA input

Does anyone run dual 2001FPs one through DVI and one through VGA? Is there a noticeable difference? Should I spend the money on a card with dual DVI?

Thanks
Old 11-29-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: 2001FP and VGA input

I have one on DVI and one on VGA. I can't tell a difference.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have one on DVI and one on VGA. I can't tell a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2005, 12:36 PM

I can't believe you can't tell the difference (though there may be other factors at work)...talking about the 2 repliers to your post...

I was using the blue VGA connection for a month before I realized ( I read somewhere) how much better DVI is, well, I took my DVI, and plugged it in and the picutre is 10 times better and more detailed...
the monitor I have been using (a 2005 FPW) also operates better in the higher resolutions with DVI - the picture is sharper, the response time is better...
maybe you guys need glasses! lol

But, don't fret, all you need to do is spend $5 on a DVI splitter cable.
it plugs into your graphics card DVI slot and splits into 2 DVI
female acceptance plugs. I just got one and also have another monitor on the way (a 2405 FPW).
I plan on having the 24 inch in the center with the 20.1 inch Widescreen flipped into Portrait mode along the right side of the 24 incher...
should be rather fabulous...Plan on 4 tabling on the 24, and 3 tabling vertically on the 20.1 inch...

How's the 2001fp? I hear everyone loves it? One guy on here has 2 of them with a 2405 in the middle - now that's a display setup!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:30 PM

I can actually tell a difference in mine. the VGA is just a touch "fuzzier" when it comes to text.

tho it might be due to one being older than the other, but the DVI is the oldest one, and its the sharper one, so I dunno.

Either way its so slight its not worth dropping the money on a new dual DVI card
Old 11-29-2005, 01:53 PM

I thought there was a huge difference and it drove me nuts. I bought a card with two DVIs as a result. If you're going to invest ~1k in two monitors, it's worth an extra 75 bucks to get dual DVI, if you ask me.

-dustyn
Old 11-29-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all you need to do is spend $5 on a DVI splitter cable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't this just project the same image over both monitors?
Old 11-29-2005, 04:03 PM

i hope not...

my card supports 2 monitors and specifically has the software for 2 (NVIDIA nVIEW).
But I do not have 2 DVIs, I have 1 DVI, 1 VGA and 1 TV OUT...

I would really be shocked if it projects the same image on both monitors...it might though before I tell the software to make the adjustment...
anyone else know?

I will know either today or tomorrow when I get my new 2405! lol
Old 11-29-2005, 04:47 PM

If you plan on using a splitter cable....both monitors connected using it WILL DEFINITELY display the same image at ALL TIMES. There is physically only a single source for an image to both screens so it MUST be the same image.

One caveat: there are some weird low-profile video cards (I have one in a Dell Optiplex 270 small form factor box) that use a unique DVI connector on the card. This connector REQUIRES a special splitter cable to connect two DVI monitors. But, the DVI connector on the card is NOT a normal DVI connector so there shouldn't be any confusion.

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler
Old 12-03-2005, 12:51 AM

I just got a brand new Dell XPS 200 (the small form factor XPS system). So I got some special deals through my employer and such, and ended up getting a free 2001 with it. Well i've already got one, so now I have 2 2001 monitors. The XPS 200 only has 1 DVI port, and nothing else. Am I stuck only able to use one monitor? If there are any other options, I'd love to know, cuz now I am really ticked that I can't hook up both beastly monitors at once.

And I was gonna use my 37" LCD also.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]