Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 06:35 PM

Default OT: Help me plan my summer

I've pretty much decided that I want to play poker full time this summer (yes I realise it's October 31st and I have a LOOOOOONNNG way to go but I'm hating on school right now and I need to get my mind off this essay I'm trying to write). Anyways I basically want to move somewhere fun and with really good weather, preferably with lots of hot chicks and beaches. Obviously cost of living/travel costs are going to be an issue but I'll probably be making enough money that I won't need to live somewhere super cheap. I really don't know how long I would want to do this for. Actually I'm just starting to think about all my possible options. Also I want to start thinking about this sooner rather then later because I'm super lazy with things like this and I want to get at least an idea of what I want to do

P.S I do live in a sweet city which is even better in the summer (sans snow) so if I can't get my act together or decide that I don't want to go anywhere it's defiantly not the end of the world. I just feel this summer would be a great chance for me to travel considering I have very few commitments in my life besides school which will be done in the summer.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: OT: Help me plan my summer

well if you want beaches, weather, and cost of living doesnt matter. Wouldnt SoCal be ideal?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well if you want beaches, weather, and cost of living doesnt matter. Wouldnt Pacific Beach be ideal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's be precise!
Old 10-31-2005, 07:18 PM

I hope reality doesn't destroy the dreamworld that you have envisioned.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this so inconceivable?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:44 PM

Did this happen to you?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this so inconceivable?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not necessarily inconceivable, but people have this romantic vision of playing poker for a living. It really isn't that glamorous, as the OP will find out.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:00 PM

I really don't know what your problem is.
1. I'm not doing this for a living..I'm going back to school next year
2. As far as summer employment goes I can make a lot more money playing poker then any other job.
3. I work less house and have more freedom.
4. The whole point of travelling is so that it doesn't become a profession but rather an amazing way to spend my summer.
5. I play about 30-40 hours a month and make more then I did working 30-40 hour weeks at my summer job last year so I wouldn't worry about me to much

Now if you have any ideas about where a cool place to go would be I'm all ears.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't get my act together or decide that I don't want to go anywhere it's <font color="black">defiantly</font> not the end of the world.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="black"> </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Not <font color="black"> loosing </font> my bankroll at the 215s

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should focus a little bit more in English. In the professional world, you lose a lot of credibility if you can't spell, even with a degree.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:43 PM

It's an internet forum dude. I don't bring my "A game English and spelling" to the table. I just like to discus poker (and non-poker) related issues.

That being said my spelling obviously sucks but I do make up for it by going over anything where spelling is of some importance i.e papers, exams or résumés so I wouldn’t say that I lose any credibility in the “professional world”. I just spend enough time spell checking essays that I really don’t feel like spell checking all my 2+2 posts.

On another note this ….
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should focus a little bit more in English. In the professional world, you lose a lot of credibility if you can't spell, even with a degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is not the most impeccably worded sentence. HOWEVER right now I really don’t care about spelling or how realistic some people think my goals for playing poker in the summer are. I just want to hear ideas about where cool places would be to vacation for a few months before I do some further extensive research on my own. So far I have SoCal which sounds sweet but expensive. I was looking more for something overseas but in general just looking for ideas.
PLEASSSSE

DAMN I forgot there is only one S in please. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]