Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 08-04-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Call 3 way allin with AKo

Read on SB is that he has to have a hand to do this. AT minimum could be better.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter

SB (t3455)
Hero (t2340)
UTG (t1050)
MP (t2900)
Button (t3755)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1050</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t3455</font>, Hero ????
Old 08-04-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Call 3 way allin with AKo

Sb's Reraise either means he has AK(maybe AQ if hes loose) or some other poket. Any poket your in for a race, and i dont think you want to risk all your chips on a race.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sb's Reraise either means he has AK(maybe AQ if hes loose) or some other poket. Any poket your in for a race, and i dont think you want to risk all your chips on a race.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't, UTG has 5xBB and he has a big stack. I'm calling this allin with KJ, A8, any pocket. However this particular SB was tighter than that, but I don't think as tight as you.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:42 PM

durron, I don't like it, but I think this is an easier fold (than my post that is).
Old 08-04-2005, 06:54 PM

I dump this. Yes SB may have AQ or weaker Ace, but any pair and you're flippin, not to mention if he really happened to wake up with something. Plus if you and UTG share an Ace and SB has a pair that could suck even more. I have to fold this. You have way too many chips to go bust to the one guy who can do it to ya.

yabastid
Old 08-04-2005, 07:01 PM

Fold. Someone called two all-ins, one from a 400 stack and the other from, well, me (on about 800) with AK. The other guy, also had AK, and I had QQ, which held up. Too much chance that some of your outs are no good.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold. Someone called two all-ins, one from a 400 stack and the other from, well, me (on about 800) with AK. The other guy, also had AK, and I had QQ, which held up. Too much chance that some of your outs are no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the thing is, it's not that big of a deal if I lose the main pot as long as I win the side pot. Then I break even.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:23 PM

So anyways I remember reading this post by AleoMagus about how 4-5 handed during a race the equity of everybody at the table not involved in hand increases while those involved decrease dramatically. If you call you are taking quite the gamble.

I would fold here.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So anyways I remember reading this post by AleoMagus about how 4-5 handed during a race the equity of everybody at the table not involved in hand increases while those involved decrease dramatically. If you call you are taking quite the gamble.

I would fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is more true when the two players are equal stacked (though it does still apply) but the concern is that:

1) I have a very good hand, and this could be a chance to win a huge pot
2) If I fold I'm still not ITM
Old 08-04-2005, 10:10 PM

As a lurker to most of these kinds of posts I initially agreed with the fold sentiment as it seems the conventional wisdom around here and my recent experiences of going all-in multi way have all ended in disaster -- hey, I'm a donk. But two things here have caught my eye:
First, your read on the SB makes me think that you didn't believe he was that strong at the time. That led me to the second, which was to look back at the preflop action again and wonder why the push from the SB? Is the isolation move to get HU standard no matter what you're holding or is this indicative of a weakness that wants to cap off any bleeding?